Top receiver deals definitely aren't what they seem to be

ARSB’s deal may not be quite what some are saying…

2 Likes

Again, if ARSB decides to play the 24 season under his current contact, he won’t make chit. If he were to have a terrible injury, (ACL/MCL) his value will b much diminished in 2025. It is a very wise for him to bank as much as he can on a new contract before the 24 season.
Lions know he should be compensated fairly for being the salty villain he has proven to be.
Whats fair?
I say 4 years $80M, guaranteed money $30M.

Unsurprisingly, Florio once again is late to the party and while he’s right about Tyreek Hill, Adams, AJ Brown having inflated contract numbers, he’s wrong about Kupp’s, Metlcalf, Samuel and McLaurin. Their contracts are valued correctly.

He’s a main culprit for spreading false information and causing many to not understand the salary cap correctly.

When you read articles by PFT, start with the assumption that Florio is an idiot and go from there.

6 Likes

And whoooo owns PFT again?

Sarcastic Big Deal GIF by CBS

If Florio is wrong, then how do you explain this?

Water Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

2 Likes

Skol fractures are debilitating.

If I’m ARSB I’m holding out if I don’t get a new deal.

How does this play out if both sides reach an impasse? No one wins, ARSB will not be a FA in 25 if he holds out.

And this is why Florio is wrong. He would value this as a $22.65M contract.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1779881508318159086

Clearly the agent and the team are valuing Davante’s fifth year option of $15,591,000 and adding 3yrs at $25M (we’ll see if there is any inflated numbers in those numbers).

Ok, ARSB, it’s time to get 'r done.

AJ Brown going to come back around for a bump now. IMO he’s a significantly better player.