Tracy Walker 2nd best Safety in the League PFF

I love Kyle Hamilton this draft. I think him and Walker would be a fine S combo

1 Like

Interesting to see how the rest of the year plays out with Walker since it is indeed a contract year.

Yeah as everybody else has mentioned, he’s a good player, a potential building block.

… who’s gonna pay him?

Looking at this draft, the strength is in the DL and DBs, safeties in particular. Can’t imagine dropping big bucks when the Lions traded his family/friends (Q Diggs/Slay) which are moves that will only make him more expensive.

He’s playing great, maybe we should trade him before he leaves…

Patricia’s treatment and use of Walker is all the more bizarre now. Guy could always ball

5 Likes

where you get 20 mil a year ? You just pick a number ? He Williams is on the tag this year $10,612,000 the top Safety this year is Adams at $9,110,000 next season after that it really jumps but this year just 5 mil cap hit I checked the Safeties don’t make that kind of money an Adams when it does go up a lot is salary that can be changed. My guess Walker on 4 years deal 12 to 14 mil but first couple just 4 or 5 cap hit with 32 mil guaranteed something in that range.
Not sure where you got 20 mil.

For the two combined? I think it would be close to that. What do you think it would take?

I was talking avg per year. I think it might cost more to be honest. More like 22-24m.

Walker’s improvement is a much better indicator of Aubrey Pleasent’s ability as a coach than the the side line outburst/coaching of Okudah.

I think Steve Smith Sr. Shit Show popcorn bucket has gone stale when it comes to our coaches.

You need to look at the bonus an salary I will just use Adams but others likely same.

Extension, signed 2021 CAP hit this year was 5 million
Cap hit for 2022 is $9,110,000

Now in 2023, 2024, 2025 , $18,110,000 $23,610,000 $24,610,000
Thats what makes it look so big They can cut him in 2023 an take a dead cap hit ($3,220,000) He will get his $21,000,000 Guaranteed Or maybe rework his deal . Some teams add a option years to just reduce the hit of Guaranteed Money
They will have Adams for 5 mil this year an 9.1 mil in 2023 with a cap hit if cut of little over 3 mil
So add them an its roughly 17 mil thats 9 mil per two years an who knows what they do after 2022
the average takes into account the huge salary in his last 3 years but salary is not Guaranteed unless they have special date like first day of new league year .
so He is playing this year an next season for average 7 mil with a dead cap hit of 3.2 mil if cut or a rework .

the salary last 3 years of 11 mil 16.5 mil an 17.5 mil I doubt he gets that.

Don’t go by average yearly Cap could have huge salary that player may or may not see Just look at Guaranteed money Yes salary counts but only in each season he plays or is on team .Adams counts 45 mil last 3 seasons salary just gone with a dead cap hit of jus 3.2 mil

I’m quite aware with how the salary cap works. I’m just saying that may be more resources than we want to throw into that position group.

I am not seeing where that $3.2 million dead cap hit is coming from. He signed a 4 year extension… with a $20 mill SB that prorates over 5 years (2021 + 4yr ext).
That makes for a $4 mill per year cap charge.
If they cut him after 2023… he has $8 mill dead cap hit.

If ya look at the contract numbers below… they could cut him after him 2023… but will still have paid him $45.5 million in 3 years. Ultimately… it doesn’t really matter what ywar the cap hits occur… they are still gonna have at least $45.5 mill hit their cap from him.

I agree. I thought he looked very good early in his career until Patricia came in and F’d everything up. Of all the shit coaches we’ve ever had Patricia has to be the worst. What an egotistical POS.

3 Likes