Trade down but still want a QB

LOL, 51 TD’s to 21 Int’s for his career with a career RTG of 143, and his last 2 seasons he threw 7 int’s. Wolf, do you even have a clue what those stats mean?
Freshman…played in all 11 games started 8.
Sophomore…played in and started all 13 games. 24 TD’s and 6 int’s. Gators finished 10-3 fanked #6.
Junior…Appeared in three games as a redshirt-junior in 2019, seeing action against Miami (Aug. 24), UT Martin (Sept. 7) and Kentucky (Sept. 14), starting all three … Threw for 698 yards and five touchdowns, rushing for 68 yards and a score over the three games … Went 17-for-27 in the season opener against Miami, throwing for 254 yards and two TDs, also ran for a score on eight yards … Put together a strong showing against Tennessee-Martin, racking up 270 yards and two touchdowns through the air on 25-of-27 passing, while also running for 37 yards … Also played in the SEC opener at Kentucky, going 12-for-17 for 174 yards and a TD,

He had an ankle injury that year that sidelined him for the rest of the year. One injury that kept him out of the game in 4 seasons means “he can’t stay healthy”?

You know, if you guys would actually bring facts instead of uneducated opinions to the table it would make for better conversation.

Again, no one is going to draft a QB based on their college stats.

LOL, they’re coming out of the wood work.

2017: 9TD’s 8 INT’s . 11 games.
2018 24 TD’s 6 INT’s 13 games.
2019 5 TD’s 3 INT’s 4 games.
2020 17 TD’s 4 INT’s 9 games.

OK I give, if there’s a point you’re trying to make it’s only supporting what he did in college.

yeah , that’s what draft prospects are judged off, what production they got or lacked in college.

LOL, yeah, that’s part of it and you aren’t smart enough to understand the rest of it so there is no point to a conversation that you aren’t able to participate in. He played in the SEC, the highest ranked conference in college football. He did well by any measure against the best competition. You listen to the arguments for Trey Lance at all? It’s all about the one great season where he didn’t throw an int, even though the one game he played last year he did and only completed 50% of his passes. Yes, stats and facts are for losers. What it gets down to for you guys is, “Do I like him”, and no reason to bother with why. You said he threw too many int’s, a stat and a lie BTW, and that he was injured too much, once. Go ahead and peddle your uninformed opinions, I’m done.

Only QB i want Lions to even consider in rd 4 or beyond is Davis Mills

1 Like

I’m a big no on Franks. Give me Mills in round 3 if he’s there. Looking like he’s going to be a 2nd rounder.

I like Mills too. When I was looking at film of Simi Fehoko I started wondering who is throwing to this guy? I think we have bigger needs early, not looking at any QB’s unless we get the trade down and some later picks.

Interesting…

Its the same team who took a position that gets the lowest first year contribution out of its players but they said “we took this guy because we needed the most immediate impact.” Let’s admit there is a disconnect in Atlanta.

We have 3 QB’s under contract, you need 4 for camp. Even if he is just a camp arm, I would have liked to see what he’s got. He went undrafted, it costs very little to look.

I think Franks has some physical traits that are very intriguing… and he showed a lot of improvement from his early time at Florida to this past year at Arkansas. Kind of surprised he didn’t get drafted.

So… what I find interesting is that the same Falcons drafted a WR in the 6th round who ran a 4.6 in the 40 and had some issues with drops (Frank Darby)… rather than just draft a QB who they are “thrilled” to pick up. The Falcons have AJ McCarron as the back-up QB… so it seems like getting a development QB should have been a bigger priority than drafting a WR with pedestrian speed and skill.

"We were thrilled to get him in the undrafted process.” In the “undrafted process”, just like we have quite a few guys we’re “thrilled” to get as undrafted. It’s a fluff piece, sure, but I would have been thrilled to get him as an undrafted player, it doesn’t hurt to find out if there’s some “there” there.