Trade with WFT

As you can see most people would take that trade.

Now realize that MIA gave up a 4th rounder and a 1st rounder next year to move just 6 spots.

So we’re asking too little or MIA is very seriously after someone. Possibly both.

1 Like

Washington’s move up would only be another 225 points on the trade value chart and that 2nd more than makes up for that difference.

But you’re right that clearly whatever Miami was after is something they did not think they could get at 12. That could be one particular player or could simply be that they thought there were three elite non QBs and that they wanted one of them.

I’d have to believe that they felt there were a couple targets worthy or why make the trade?

My point is that clearly they think there’s a significant drop off in talent from 6-12.

If that’s the case shouldn’t we be covering that 7OA a little more? … is the drop off really that significant?

Yep. Or a drop off in talent relative to their needs, system, etc.

I just made this exact point in another thread … lol

Clearly MIA manages the board better than BQ. They move up and down the board to get the BPA, with good positional value, that targets a need.

Well it cuts both ways, right? We’re probably more similar to Philadelphia than Miami in terms of our situation. Philadelphia received 23 extra points in their deal in the WFT deal posted by the OP we’d be +155. I’d like more and I do think if there is one QB remaining that multiple teams are hot and heavy for that we will get more but ultimately I think I’d take the deal. I also think that WFT with a rookie QB could easily go 7-10 where as I’d expect that 2022 Miami pick to in all likelihood be in the 20s.

Not sure I’d want to move down that far to get further away from an elite player in exchange for a 1st ounder in a draft that very well may be a worse class than this year and in which I already have 2 firsts.

If there were no offers where we move down less, I’d do it. Unless of course six teams pass on TLaw!

Next year’s draft should be better in terms of elite defenders. Adding more ammo to go up and get a Stingley or Thibedaux has some appeal.

WAIT A MINUTE

We could snag Thibodeaux with our own pick, and use the other two to trade up for Stingley.

Sign.

Me.

Up.

1 Like

I’d probably do that trade. I think we can get another later pick this season with that trade. I would not make it if Sewell is there but wouldn’t be up set if they did.

I would then take my highest OT on the board we can get a top end WR in rd 2 , at 19 i am finishing are OL an only need to add depth in coming years .
I rd two I take WR an the likely a S

After rd 2 just start loading with best players on your board if you need to use a pick from 2022 use it to move an get a player you really like.
I know some want DL but we saw just past week quality DLman released an more will be released .
But if one Lions like in rd 3 sure take one.
But my order if the trade is ROT then WR an S

My choices based on how draft may fall

Th ROT would be Teven Jenkins,Alijah Vera-Tucker, rd 1
WR rd 2 Terrace Marshall Jr Kadarius Toney Tylan Wallace
S rd 2 Jevon Holland Richie Grant

That is how I would look at draft now how it falls we don’t know So Lions would take in rd 2 best WR on there board who is there an same with S.
Now would they pass on a player in RD they have graded as rd one i hope not.
My main thing I hope they look at is finish OL with quality first then look to get your future #1 WR

Then start to build the different position groups for starters or very least solid depth.
That trade would allow Lions to fill couple of position groups an move around in draft to get players they want.

We don’t need 3 first rd picks in 2022 or like at least 11 now.

We could use say Rams one to get more this year .,we can use one or two of the later rd comps we will get…they are not official but teams know.
You use what you have to get what u want …why have like 14 picks in 2022 an miss a player that can help you in this years draft.

I think past have had same mind set as fans what group have we ever completed with depth not many i can think of.
We can this draft finish OL with quality young players an even look late for depth. It will be a young OL moving forward.

We can add this year to secondary an finish it along with WR this year an next.
Are DL is young an based on how they play this year we can decide what to do next draft also whats there in draft in 2022.
Also remember we will have the cap to add some quality UFAs next year.
Here is just example say we add a S this year an resign 2 who play really well this year…Marcus Williams the safety signed a Franchise, signed 2021 If he is a UFA next year we have the cap if they want to try an sign him to a term deal…just example of what Lions could do an add. Its just example but we will have the Cap to add some top tier players who they likely know an are fits with the team
We as fans need to change are way of thinking this is new group running Lions an I think they are right. yes time will tell but sure can’t be worse than its been.

2 Likes

I under stand that thinking but with say at least 4 QB’s going an maybe 5 in first 10 that lowers the elite position players so now your looking at say pick 15 , an we always have few what we may consider outliner picks early.

I have seen you say this before but with QB’s going lowers your level . I think 19 would then be in your range.

To me, this draft drops from elite to below that around pick 12.

Hey, remember, no one really called about 3OA w Tua and Herebrt sittin there and there wasn’t really a deal to be made.

That $%^ing guy.

3 Likes