Travon Walker +400 to go #1

But you can say that about every position at one time or another , the draft is still not a exact science even at the top.

3 Likes

That class had Trevon Diggs, AJ Terrell, and Jaylon Johnson…. which not only shows it had quality defensive players…. also stings because Quinn was so obsessed with trying to save his arse… that he overvalued drafting a CB with the #3 OA pick. :confused:

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, it’s just at the forefront of my mind right now.

1 Like

I should have added * in their rookie season :crazy_face:

What aren’t you Leary of lol

What did you want him to pick that year.

I also never saw Okudah as a #3 prospect. It felt like I was being gaslit the entire offseason that year.

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

I think Hutch is easily the top DE. To me the first pick should be either Hutch of Ekwonu and we should be taking the one the Jags don’t take. I’m just not a Neal fan. He looks the part but the game tape isn’t all that great IMO.

The hype on Walker is great. And I like the player. But have a really hard time getting over the lack of production. Just feels like a big time reach pick.

1 Like

LOL…I think when this whole Travon Walker talk started, I said he wouldn’t even be a top 10 pick.

2 Likes

I think he goes top 10, but you’re not wrong yet. And his college production doesn’t warrant a top 10 pick. It’s a total projection based on his combine.

1 Like

That was the 1st year I started to believe that teams should just take the QB if nobody makes an offer.
I wanted them to draft Herbert.

Now… I readily admit… I didn’t know he would be as good as he has been so early… but I defintely was willing to call the bluff of the Dolphins and Chargers. They were BOTH obviously desparate to draft a QB with everything going on around their teams (relocation of Chargers, tanking for Tua, etc.)… and I felt the Lions could have made a deal after the fact (a la Eli Manning).

If they called my bluff… I would have been fine holding a top QB prospect… because I also subscribe to the idea that there are more teams that need a QB than actually have a good one. There will always be a market for a QB with that kind of potential. Plus… the Lions (Quinn) weren’t gonna save their jobs just by taking a rookie CB… they needed to have the stones to try for a big trade to have a hope at saving their jobs. The Dork with the baseball bat was afraid to take a big swing!!! :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Walker is an intriguing prospect but if we go DL at 2 I’d much rather have Thibodeaux. The lack of a quick first step is just disqualifying IMO from taking that high, and not something likely to change with good coaching.

4 Likes

Me too. One thousand percent.

2 Likes

I’m with you on that. That was probably my first year thinking that too. But I also felt like drafting Herbert would have been better for stafford. I always felt like he was coddled and they never gave him any real pressure/competition in the QB room. And I think stafford works best under pressure hence why he turned his career around after finally being benched.

But also because all the other prospects were mehh. I never wanted the arm talent of tua for my franchise QB. And thought Herbert looked like a beast but I was definitely buying into the shit being talked about him sorta like I am with willis right now.

1 Like

What aren’t you Leary of lol

A Cow??

1 Like

I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer, or trash the local kid who gave us U of M fans something to cheer for in 2021… that said he’s not Myles Garrett. He’s not even CLOSE.

5” less broad jump
5” Les vertical
.1 plus slower 40
Embarrassing disparity on bench… not just the numbers, watch the videos. Garret has 4-5 more easily had he wanted to risk injury, and Hutch had his home field strength coach rowing the weight with him after about 6 reps. Video is online
Garrett dominated for 3 straight seasons, and we didn’t get to seem him play in his 22 year old college body, he was already in the NFL…

Can we all acknowledge the 3 years of almost ZERO PRODUCTION from Hutch? Walkers production as a junior scares you? He did that in 50% snaps, and yet had more sacks as a junior with limited snaps than Hutch had in his first 22 college starts playing well over 50% snaps.

Could it be argued that Walker returning to college,
being allowed to not just play more, but pass rush more, he’s likely nearly double his sack count?

32” arms is really short
6’7” is really tall
260 pounds at 6’7” is pretty lanky
This is not the the body profile one would call prototypical for an elite 4-3 edge.

Walker is shorter, with greater power, greater reach, greater speed, and was far more productive through his junior year….

Take Picketts 21’ season off the scouting report and go off his junior stats, tiny hands and average arm? He’s a 5th round with eye popping production this year.

1 Like

It’s not though. It a projection based on 6-7.5 sacks (I’ve seen both different sites) on a 50%,snap share.

If he played 80% and got to rush more often, he’s have had 10 sacks easily. As a JUNIOR…

J Johnson hardly played at GA and had 5 sacks in 7 games as a sophomore. He transferred and ad 10.5 sacks in 12 games.

I bet if Walker had transferred prior to last year, he’d have had 10-12 sacks easily.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=kayvon+thibideaux+be.ch+cideo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:28cf758a,vid:Fi5iBisPEuo,st:0

Maybe the Den will listen to you. Everyone ignores me when I try to tell them this shit.

1 Like

1 Like