Travon Walker +400 to go #1

Georgia EDGE Travon Walker has moved to +400 odds to be the first pick, second highest odds after Aidan Hutchinson.

It’s been a meteoric rise for Walker, who started around the middle of the first round, then moved into the top 10 after an insane combine, and now is a possibility to go first. His ridiculous athletic profile has charmed scouts, and Maurice Jones-Drew of NFL.com even recently mocked him as the first overall pick. It would still be surprising to see Walker taken, but it’s clear he is one of the top prospects in the draft.

I love this time of the year. No one knows at all who is going #1

3 Likes

I am really fine with hutchinson, thibs, walker if we stay at 2. Other than that when we start talking hamilton or willis… i like certain aspects of the players just not sure i am in at 2.

I’m so leery of taking Edge rushers high after how disappointing Chase Young has been.

1 Like

Any player at any postion can disappoint, i value safeties more than most but i dont quite see hamilton as the right choice at 2. If he is ed reed or earl thomas etc i take him just not sure he is, if he ends up as the 15th best safety in the league than the resource is kinda misused while if we draft one of the edges or willis and they end up number 15 in their position than the pick is probably more impactful no? Just feel like unless a safetyis a true eraser back there and a playmaker than it just isnt worth that level of investment, hamilton can be that but any of these players are a risk

1 Like

There isn’t a consensus guy at #2 but hey, WE BEAT THE PACKERS!!!

To some fans if you water the lawn everyday it sprouts boners. How the hell am I suppose to get a rise in my Levi’s over a guy with 6 freaking sacks?

I dont think hutchinson is a consensus 1 either but sure, no player in this draft at a position we should realistically draft is a sure fire top pick just the nature of the situation but being at 1 wouldnt change that, we would just stll be debating with hutchinson/walker/tibbs/johnson depending on the edge you like. People would still be concerned about hutchinsons arm length and his performance against georgia etc. Dont for a second believe the conversation would really be all that different at 1.

Hutchinson is head and shoulders above the other guys. He’s going #1 without a doubt. Now if you want to argue this draft lacks Elite talent at the top I would agree.

There is a conversation going on in the media and supposedly in jax about hutchinson, walker, neal, ekwonu dont be so sure. Expect at this point they will go hutchinson but this head and shoulders above thing is just not true based on conversations outside of this message board. Does it lean to hutch yes, are there worthy alternatives that jax may consider yes

2 Likes

Yes, none of the guys at the top appear to be generational

And yes, Chase Young has not lived up to the hype

Let’s hope Holmes & Co ID the best one for the Lions — time will tell

Running a 4.5 @ 6’5’’ 275 lbs did it for me.

I didn’t know a 275 lbs body could move that fast.

Does it break the laws of physics? :rofl:

This. Young went to a spot where there were 3 other solid to very good guys in that line, so its not about getting doubled/schemed for…

1 Like

Yeah, I disagree. It’s pretty coincidental that his “lackluster” season where he got hurt were also Johnathan Allen and Daron Payne’s breakout seasons.

Just as a reminder, this is a full .25 faster than 6’ 200lb Teez Tabor.

6 Likes

Both of his seasons were lackluster for where he was drafted.

Being DROY is disappointing? :thinking:

2 Likes

For all the people pointing to Chase Young I present Miles Garrett. None the less Chase Young has only played in 24 games, 15 of them were his rookie year. I wouldn’t call him a bust yet.

5 Likes

Just shows how disappointing the class was. :joy:

He’s really good at FF, not so good at affecting the outcome of the game.

You guys kill me with this garbage.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Just IMO. Not going to say you’re wrong. I just expected better from a dude everyone ball-washed leading up to the draft.

1.5 sacks in 9 games last year just made me doubt him even more.