Travon Walker Crowd…

keanu reeves woah face GIF

So… the UofM v UGA game was 1/1/22.

and then there is @Thats2 …. in November…

Just didn’t want you to feel lonely there by yourself… :wink:

Yeah, I can’t read. He said before the Michigan game and I was thinking the combine.

I did not call for him before the Orange Bowl.

1 Like

Hey … I still gave you props recently for pounding the table for him before the combine. :+1:

Id go so far as to say I was in the ‘definitely not’ Walker camp until I started diving in a few weeks ago. I didn’t think a late first projected pick before the combine had any business being considered at number two

But the football IQ, character, measurables, tape etc….I’d be happy with taking him at 2. Id still prefer Hutch and Thibodeaux. But Hutch will likely be gone. And Thibodeaux is a weirdo…

Not to toot my own horn or anything but i was talking about Walker as well…

…earlier today, in this thread. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Could the Jaguars take Georgia’s Travon Walker at No. 1 overall?

Well you know besides Hutch missing a yr with a broken leg, and behind guts like Kwity Paye and Josh Uche.

Hutch had a top pressure rate right behind KT, can actually set an OT up, has several moves in his arsenal, and is terrific with his hands, and has more sacks in 1 yr than Walker in his collegiate career, and is a freak athlete himself.

I swear, see a great 40 in they underwear olympics and suddenly he’s on par with the consensus best player in the draft.

He’s not, and it’s not close. I get the argument for KT over Hutch, that makes some sense. Walker, not even a little. I have KT behind Hutch, Hutch is far more polished than KT, and ill take Hutchs ability to string moves together and his hand fighting ability paired with his love of the game and non stop motor. Walker doesnt belong in the conversation with them or JJ.

2 Likes

agree. Hutch is way more polished. He’s still DE1 for me. But the fear is he’s playing at his ceiling and has alligator arms. Walker has the athleticism and freakishly long arms. There’s just a higher ceiling there

The thing is you have to project a ton. He has no rush skills to utilize and struggles in 1 in 1, a 11% pressure rate for a fast, strong guy with no bend in 3 yrs, at a top program like UGA, is more than worrying. He isn’t a guy you draft at 2, he’s a guy you might gamble on at the end of the 1st or early 2nd.

Sorry, as to Hutchs ceiling. I agree he’s closer to it, but he still has room to grow. With his love of the game I think he surely will max out his potential. Walker is yrs away from even doing what Hutch does now, even KT has a ways to go.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. But that’s what ‘higher ceiling’ means, it’s inherently a projection. And I don’t think anyone in their right mind would disagree that Walker has the highest ceiling out of any defense of lineman in this class

1 Like

LOL, not to be argumentative, but I do. KT has the highest ceiling. He has some bend at the top of the arc, he’s not Quinn, but he has a little gumby to him. Walker is stiffer than Hutch

3 Likes

I don’t know. I mean how is that measured? 3 cone? Thibodeauxs 3 cone was the worst of the lot. And in fact pretty poor for a potential top pick

Watch him at the top of the arc, his ability to get under and lean to get by the OT. Walker doesn’t, Hutch has a little, but KT is the

Athletically Walker is the freak of the group. He’s got a lot of Myles Garret to him just not the stats lol.

definitely seems to be a disparity between bend on highlight films and bend as measured via the 3-cone

I suppose I’d defer to film. But then I flash to Tabors ‘watch the tape’ mantra after the combine

I’d feel a lot better about Thibodeaux, (character aside) if he had run under a 7 in 3 cone. Then what we see could be verified via testing

I want to say i read that KT slipped a bit in his 3 cone, but that’s off memory. As to film, it’s easy to see the difference between them especially at the top of the arc

He slipped but only ran it once? It was pro day. They probably would have let him run it 50 times

LOL, I don’t know, I thought he did it twice and slipped both times, but again it’s off memory. Id assume he didn’t want to risk injury like Ojabo, but I have no idea if that’s the case or not

I wasn’t really paying much attention to the rundown, just watching the footage, but I do agree there was Neal bias there. FTR I was saying IF Walker was eating Neals lunch then… I was not saying either DID eat either ones lunch. I guess to make a fair eval of whether TW usually gets that few reps at RDE, I’d have to have more data. I think he’s a first round caliber tweener and a heck of a player. But I’ve made my personal on field eval and it’s not going to put Walker over Hutch or KT. I cannot get the off field insight really. The coaches will know (hopefully) if KT is poison at 2. But on field, I’ve got my ranking and it’s KT, Hutch, JJ, Walker up top. I’ll own how it works out.

2 Likes