Travon Walker vs. Kayvon Thibodeaux

Official debate thread

Who would you rather pick at 2 and why?

1 Like

Walker at this point…Softened on Thibs after the latest withdrawal from the combine. His ego is a bit much for DC.

4 Likes

I’m not going to lie. I’m not saying he’s going to become this player or that he’s anywhere close to this guy…

But Travon’s power at that size reminds me of Aaron Donald.

7 Likes

From a tape perspective, Kayvon is the no-brainer better prospect. At this point Walker is a glorified run-stopper.

Of course these decisions aren’t made in a vacuum and while I still don’t think Kayvon’s issues are all that bad, there’s no doubt our FO and staff has to figure out if they can work with the guy or not. (I was more worried about Parsons last year because if those were true - which it appears they weren’t - those were the type of issues that led to suspensions, etc… I was also wary of Rueben Foster for the same reasons).

Coupled with Walker’s sky high potential (I’d comp his ceiling to Bruce Smith or Reggie White more than Donald), it’s not hard to see why this is a conversation. Jermaine Johnson should be in the conversation as well. Personally I’d have Sauce in the conversation too (mentioned months ago how I’d be fine with him at #2), but that’s liable to get my vilified on here.

4 Likes

They’re readying the torches already regarding your last sentence.

I was wary of Foster because he was punch-drunk. I was wary of Parsons because he threw his former coaches under the bus when discussing a Penn State loss with another player on that player’s podcast.

I officially have a ten-foot pole between me and KT, and I wouldn’t even touch him with it. I can think of a host of players I’d rather have at this point. The most you can hope for here is that he’s just ridiculously immature (similar to parsons last year), but there’s an outside chance we’re looking at the next Antonio Brown, too.

3 Likes

Kayvon has been (arguably) the #1 prospect in this 2022 draft class since 2019.

Nothing in the last 2-3 months has changed any of that, IMO. This edge draft class is extremely deep…but KT is still at the top of my board.

I’m hoping the Jags go Offensive line or Hutchinson…and Brad Holmes runs the card in for KT. I won’t be disappointed if we decide to take Aiden…it’s a pretty good consolation prize. Hutch could be a great player…but Kayvon has a “Gold Jacket” ceiling. KT has dominated at every level and I expect the path to continue in the NFL.

2 Likes

Promise you’ll be here on draft day to pull me from the ledge if they take him.

2 Likes

LOL… try advocating a trade up for him and watch your popularity plummet!

1 Like

Trust me. I know. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been confronted with torches here.

You’d be perma-banned at this point if you had said such a thing.

1 Like

Whoever we land on draft day is gonna be elite, Kayvon or Aiden. It’s 1a/1b at this point for me.

I really want to see Kayvon in a Lions uniform…but if it’s the kid from Michigan…I’ll be pretty darn happy also.

1 Like

I was on the KT train until the combine. Leaving mid-testing for no good reason is flakey. Flakes might be great but Lions aren’t a culture fit for divas or flakes and he’s definitely one or the other.

4 Likes

TW over KT for me. Want nothing to do with KT unless we can get him at the end of the 3rd.

1 Like

I’d be OK with Sauce. I think hes going to be a better pro than Okudah.

I would be a better pro than okudah and I’m 45 and out of shape.

2 Likes

KT has become criminally underrated. You have to plan for him when throwing the football. We haven’t had that since Ansah was 46 years old.

11 Likes

Just saw this, sorry If it’s been posted and debated in another thread. But it sounds like some teams are indeed turned off. You never know if teams drafting later are trying to knock the guy so he drops to them—entirely possible. But this part raised my eyebrows:

Yet NFL teams know what they’ve seen on tape, and some of their concerns have not been completely allayed when they’ve cross-checked with people at Oregon.

“(Oregon coaches) didn’t kill him, but they didn’t correct us either,” the second team said.

2 Likes

But tis the smoke season … :man_shrugging:

I like KT but I suspect the Lions have Jermaine Johnson ahead of both KT and Walker.

Johnson deserves to be in the discussion and I agree with @Thats2 i think CB is definitely in play.

2 Likes

It’s just guessing really at this point, but I’ve seen two mocks today that had Walker go #3 (after we went Hutch at #2). One of them Brugler’s. In the eyes of the league, I think he’s gonna be bumped into the tier with Thibs and Hutch. I personally have Walker and Johnson a tier below, but I have no idea which way Holmes might be leaning.