Trent Dilfer: Tua "the finest QB prospect I ever evaluated"

who cares what Trent Dilfer says?

Tua was a great prospect . Is he still , that is the only question.

As far as being left handed it has merit but not in the way it did years ago , the pressure comes from everywhere , if the right tackle is weak in pass pro they will attack it if it’s vice versa and it’s the LT the same applies or hell the A gap even and avoid the tackle all together .

I think Tua is the next great career backup QB…due to never staying healthy.

Actually, he’ll probably be more like Sam Bradford.

Your points are true and I wasn’t trying to say being left-handed in general was an advantage or disadvantage, but I was more or less going at the angle of how teams MIGHT struggle to protect him in his first couple seasons because of a weakness on his blindside. May have to shift players around and goof with chemistry if you had it. Then again if you got chemistry you can just trust it and hope the RT can handle the blindside pressure, which I feel from watching the league (without looking at stats) happens more often. Could be wrong but I still think it attracts some conversation in the war rooms.

I haven’t watched nearly enough of the guy, and from all reports he’s aces from the neck up which is great. But when I watch his throwing motion and mechanics, am I wrong that I don’t see elite traits? He looks to be able to get the ball over the top down the chute. That is rare to do consistently, but he looks like he can do it. He did seem to get the benefit of a lot of wide open guys. But for the most part, those WR’s aren’t having to break off their routes to get to the ball either. Dude is accurate. Not sure about the arm strength. I do not see elite zip just watching him throw, but maybe with viewing more snaps I’d see more. Probably just spoiled in the arm department.

I don’t know. I’m a huge consistent Stafford fan. But I did catch a thought today I had to further consider. “What if” Quinn could convince Martha to give Quintricia a “2 year plan.” Guaranteeing “excitement” a high first round pick to spend on an impact defender in the 5 to 7 range with Miami and LAC both looking for QB. If you did trade Stafford, and get one of those picks for it, you get Tua (if he’s 90% right) and you probably go get a good vet backup in FA. Then you get an Okuda, Brown or Simmons for your trouble. Any other position that Quinn takes outside of QB with the intention of starting him, keeps him on the one year or done path. Just a creeping thought. Most certainly hope we don’t. But preparing for the worst case scenario. We did take a TE at 8OA last year. Would hate a worse nut punch at 3…

1 Like

:rofl:

Anything can happen with this team lol

The Lions should do Stafford a favor and trade him to Tennessee.

Nah, NE is a good spot to land.

1 Like