Trevor Lawrence

I’m not sure where you are from. But when people are considering different options, a high tax situation with chitty weather and chitty people will typically rank slightly lower than somewhere else. And as Pat Kirwan likes to say, the Jets are just a tenant in Giants stadium and don’t have their own stadium, so people notice that when they come into the building and facilities.

Hey! Triple threat!

He can throw, he can run and he can catch!

Too soon? Yes?

Whichever team lands the first pick will draft Trevor Lawrence no matter who their QB is. Less than a zero percent chance that pick gets moved.

I would much rather spend my time in Jacksonville, FL than New York City. Jacksonville is beautiful. The people, for the most part, are nice, and the weather is great. You will pay about 20% less in taxes there than in New York. New York’s traffic sucks, it snows a lot, it is harder to throw the ball in bad weather, and the people that live there are generally pretty rude. If you are a stud in the NFL, it doesn’t matter what size of market you play in. You don’t think other players wouldn’t want to take a flier on Jacksonville to play with Lawrence?

What about New England. I could see them trying to get the top pick.

New England would need to spend a lot of draft capital to move up to #1 overall, and it isn’t happening if the Jets get the #1 pick. New England will probably be picking around #9 or 10, and they will have to give up essentially their entire draft to move up that far for the #1 pick.

It takes a special kind of guy to play for Belichik. Especially when the organization thinks it can just throw out anybody at the WR spot.

I’d rather hitch my wagon to the Giants franchise then the Jags. The Jets … not so much.

They don’t have the ammo. Besides I think BB would rather go the veteran route. I could see him trading for Darnold if the cost is cheap enough.

What is important to Lawrence?
Would he rather pick his location or would he rather pick his franchise. He is from Tennessee and plays in South Carolina.
Would he rather play for a franchise that is going to focus on defense first or play for a team that is going to get him the skill position players?
The Giants have a reputation for being a defensive squad. Are they going to change that philosophy? The conditions in New York are tough for a QB. I would bet most QBs would prefer to play in nice weather or a dome. It certainly helps with the statistics. Would you rather play in Ford Field 8 times a year or Soldier Field or the Meadowlands 8 times a year?
Plus the New York media can be tough on a guy too.
Lawrence is going to take whatever franchise he plays for to the Super Bowl someday.

I would imagine Charlotte and Atlanta would be his preferred landing spots out of those that are even remotely possible. Can’t imagine New England would upset him much either.

The Jets should fire Gase and throw money at Cowher, Dungy, or another successful coach, even if they’re not long term plays. If it convinces Lawrence to come out, it’s worth whatever you have to spend.

Not saying they need the ammo. It’s called losing.

I have a funny feeling that Lawrence ends up being Tim Tebow 2.0

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. They have nothing in common. Lawrence plays in a shotgun style offense, has a great arm, can read defenses, can hit receivers in stride, and is a pocket passer. None of those things describe Tebow.
I think he is similar to Aaron Rodgers.

1 Like