Treylon Burks

Metcalf had more going on than a bad 3 cone drill. He had limited production in college, and a big part of it was injuries. As a freshman he broke his foot and missed most of the year. His final year at Ole Miss he had a serious neck injury that cost him the rest of the season (missing almost half the games).

Production wise if you look close DK Metcalf’s entire career is about what Treylon Burks put up his JR season.

And of course the neck injury:

1 Like

Sure, Metcalf wasn’t a perfect prospect and maybe top ten was too ambitious. But when he played, he produced (and again, he had to share with AJ Brown, Elijah Moore and Dawson Knox). But Burks has flaws that Metcalf didn’t, too. The explosion testing to me is particularly telling.

I don’t expect him to fall to 66 I just think that he could, that’s all, and I wanted to bring it up.

I hope the Lions get this guy

1 Like

So how much separation is a 1st Rd prospect supposed to get ? Lol

Did you catch the broken neck part?

I think Burks produced pretty good himself.

He looks like MVS… with better hands.
Love the speed.

and … dang does he have big feet.
I think this is what he would look like in a Lions color rush uniform….

I don’t remember thinking it was a hangup during the pre-draft process, and that’s because he’d been cleared and there were multiple reports about how it was an insignificant injury that many football players recovered from. Here’s one:

The pertinent part:

The football doc is David Chao who used to be the head physician for the Chargers.

But again, this is going way, way down a rabbit hole I never intended to traverse. My point was that Treylon Burks could fall to 66 which I still firmly believe. I used DK Metcalf as an example because he is a very similar example, but if that doesn’t work for you, that’s fine. Use Kelvin Harmon then. Or David Bell. Or any other number of players who fall because of testing. Burks is a classic case, regardless of comp.

He clocked something like 22.3mph once last year. His top speed in between the lines is outstanding. It is however build up speed.

I do think he can be good but he needs to be used a certain way. His body type reminds me of Dez White though I think Burks will be a better player.

At this point there are other guys at 32 that I’d prefer but if we went with Burks I’m fine with it.

1 Like

Dez seems like a good comp… in terms of build and athleticism. Dez was perhaps a little more twitchy… but still good one.

Dez was definitely twitchier which he used to great ecfect on lunt returns. Dez was also all time great in jump ball situations.

1 Like

Wow… Thornton went a bit earlier than expected…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.