Trufant being released

I suspect most of, or at least several members of the secondary will be gone.

4 Likes

Not a shock. Hated the signing from the get go.

1 Like

Trufant was absolute garbage here, glad to see him go. Too think some posters here actually think he played good is mind blowing. Good riddance.

1 Like

I agree, but remember, he was asked to do an impossible task…and was often injured.

I’m glad to see him dismissed, but I wish him well. Dude was brought into a really shitty situation. I feel it is highly unlikely that we would get the ROI on his production-to-contract ratio. We’ll get younger. With more aggression up front, his replacement won’t seem like much of, if any, drop-off.

Go Lions!

2 Likes

Bad signing by Quinn/Patricia.

1 Like

Not shocked. Was this the most expected cut?

So just what DB did play well here under Patricia ?

1 Like

I’ll say AO. He’s gotten better since being drafted. Also Diggs and Slay, oh wait…

1 Like

Did he leave his hamstring behind?

So they paid $10M for 6 games so they wouldn’t have to hear Slay tell the truth about the clown show and pay him $12M a year and play full seasons.

Hey, we got Jonah with his pick, yay!

But, just like the normal Quinn idiocy, he goes out and signs a big $$ FA and then burns a top 10 pick in the same draft at the same position ( James/Hock).

SMMAAAAAAAHT!!!

Trufant was a crap signing. I don’t hate the guy. I hate the dirtbags the Fords were hoodwinked by.

So really, this one is on Rod and Martha.

Again.

True, I do think MP and his scheme had a lot to do with it but Trufant would just get beat. It’s not like he was playing let him catch it and I’ll run after him and see if I can make a tackle. Trufant was just getting beat, and by a lot.

6 horrible games, I think he only finished 3 of those games. Unreal we paid him 10 million for that garbage. Time to move on though. The youth movement is here.

2 Likes

What DB could play well under Patrica?

1 Like

1 Like

Extremely valid point Natty! Patricia literally played cover 0 on 90% of the snaps and rushed 3 guys. The secondary had no chance, even Slay didn’t look good under Patricia. When good players regress under his leadership, you know how truly terrible of a coach he was.

It does give me some hope that with a better scheme and better coaching from AG, it can lead to Okudah, Walker and AO becoming solid players, they do have some raw talent all 3 of them. The key to the defense will actually be getting consistent pressure on QB’s. We desperately lack pass rushers.

2 Likes

True it’s hard to judge the DBs with Patricia’s philosophy. And i think he’s better in more zone and really wasn’t a good fit + his injury’s. He definitely wasn’t worth that cash and isn’t worth it now. He was about the surest cut we have.

2 Likes

Coleman’s next.

I think CB is in play for us on draft day and I suspect in FA to.

1 Like

In every Trufant thread I feel like I am required to mention that many on this board argued with me and said Trufant would be “an equal replacement” for Slay :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I was with you on that one Greg. Trufant was always a downgrade and the guy just has struggled in recent years to stay healthy.

1 Like

morning toast GIF by Soft & Gentle

Hope this goes with him