Tua fails physical?

So all the GMs that are required to stay home and are not allowed to travel they are just out of luck I guess. I think the kid doing his own thing and sharing it with everyone is really the only choice that he has right now. This is not on the NFL this is just the world that we live in now. IMO all of these young men are getting screwed with the way things are going. There are plenty other players that whether or not they even get drafted will be based on their health and they have no way to truly show teams what they can do. Instead all they can do is hope that a team is willing to take a chance on them.

The bottom line here …nothing has changed. He is a hell of a lot further along then I thought he would be.
I really like the kid (The Human Being). The injury outlook long term is not good …No team doctor doing his own physical will see anything new . The timing of the injury really bad, you really want to see an MRI 12 to 18 months removed for AVN …If all clear & he looks the part or a really good version of himself… it becomes …a will it happen again scenario that you bet on …

I think it’s as much of a possibility of him going top 10 as I do falling out of the first round . A play for Tua might be “Don’t Draft Me” after round #1… I wont sign a contract and reenter the Draft in 2021 . Remove the AVN variable, train like crazy with a former Pro QB & an NFL QB Coach , have real workouts with teams in 2021 …Then let the chips fall as they may …

That’s the thing though. Players that were physically able and wanted to perform in the combine did so. They all got a huge advantage. You shouldn’t punish someone with an injury because of this virus.

It’s 2020, this can be handled so easily with our technology. Excuse me if I don’t believe GMs are staying at home. I can’t keep my damn 75 year old parents at their homes. There are so many non essential businesses open all over the country.

I think it’s lazy and shitty by the NFL to not set up something. They could freaking skype a workout with him. Have a few NFL guys meet up at facility just to legitimize the yardage and whatnot, set up a few cameras, allow GMs to each ask him to perform a drill. Whatever. It’s so simple.

Again, anyone that was willing and able to attend the combine, did so. This only regarding a VERY select few guys that in any other year, could fly anywhere and show people what they can do, or people could go see them. I think it’s a horseshit move by the NFL to punish a few people because they got hurt prior to the virus.

Meanwhile, we have random nobodies loading up in airplanes and flying to Mexico to make parts for freaking shopping carts. I’m not kidding. This is happening.

Anyway, they still have a couple weeks. They need to at least provide people like Tua with an opportunity of some kind.

2 Likes

Do that for him and they’d have to do it for everyone. I guarantee that’s what the league is thinking.

I like where your head is at on this. Although it should be unnecessary if the league would just step up.

People get hurt in football. Tua is one of those guys. He should get drafted where GMs and team physicians feel he will be. However, they aren’t allowing that to happen, so they are possibly going to cost him tens of millions of dollars, because they can’t afford a freaking mask and gloves?

I mean it’s a one day thing. Put him and the other few people with similar circumstances (if they choose) on a field (separately). Send some doctors (in gosh damned hazmat suits if need be). Let him get looked at, let him work out. The end.

Why they feel the need to punish injured players and have an unfair draft seems ridiculous.

1 Like

That’s my point though he can put a tape out , hell even running the forty and doing combine drills , go outside to a turf high school field with Ruggs and Jeudy …pay for the plane tickets …film it, send it out, do everything you would do at a pro day .

Doctors are not going to see anything new in person…get a fresh MRI right before the draft send it out to anyone interested…

He is not 100% clear of AVN yet …it looks promising as of now and really AVN is more a concern with dislocation without fracture, then it is with fracture…he has that going for him as a plus with his MRI’s being clean thus far.

If he shows 95% of what he was …the main question is will it happen again ( it is more likely to happen again , then it was before it first happened ) , what is the long term outlook for a bone on bone scenario from cartlidge damage , will mental issues hold him back (is he gun shy now) … questions that can’t be answered now .

AVN is the only thing at this point that keeps Tua off the field forever or if he re dislocates prior to ever playing an official NFL game , if any sign of that pops up it’s over …the kid will never play . The #3 pick is $34 Million guaranteed…that’s a ton of money to gamble for finding out in late 2020 or early 2021 that AVN is creeping in …AVN is disaster for any team who takes him . Re dislocation is disaster as well .

1 Like

Looking better and better for AVN.

1 Like

If all of this is true, should the Lions look at Tua at the top of the 2nd?

1 Like

Dupe

Tua’s surgeons …Both Cain and Routt rate the long-term prognosis for Tagovailoa’s hip as excellent, saying he is at a lower risk of redislocation or fracture-dislocation as a result of the protective effect of the surgical repair and the plate implanted in his hip…

This above is exactly what my surgeon friend explained to me …technically speaking the plate is used to re attach the fractured part to good un-fractured parts of the wall & protects the fracture as well , the fracture heals & the plate remains and is now reinforcing the fracture …covering it … making it likely to never fracture again…hence stronger .

The device implanted in his hip to limit rotation makes the hip is less likely to ever dislocate at the same place it did before, a stopper that keeps the femur from getting near the area of where it popped out .

He also says this is all nonsense from a practical view as it pertains to an athlete …The hip is now more likely to fracture in 4 separate spots with the plate in permanently , the spots on all 4 sides of the plate are now breaking points…like an edge of a table used if you were to try to snap something like a pencil.

As for the device to limit rotation that was implanted , it is only used when the hip is not structurally sound anymore and is missing fragments of the socket that would ordinarily be in place to keep the ball socket in tact …it does nothing from the stand point of stopping a re dislocation anywhere else in the 360 radius …The ligaments and tendons being stretched will allow the femur to dislocate again now more easily then before in all areas .except where the device was used .

All of the fixes are for the average person … stats and success of the surgery not relevant to an athlete . No surgeon anywhere will ever recommend or say it’s a good idea to play sports after this type of injury…only that you can . Nothing is stopping you from doing it …

As for the AVN it is rare but again it can still show itself for up to 2 years post injury

2 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt, as I think Trent Dilfer is as biased for Tua as NewYorkLion, a.k.a. Justin Herbert’s agent, is biased against him. Dilfer worked with Tua at the Elite 11 before he went to Alabama, and called him the best QB he’s ever worked with, including multiples in the NFL now.

Dilfer also worked with Tua on his recent video pro day for the NFL, and this is his account of it.

1 Like

Dilfer also said Tua throws the ball better then Aaron Rodgers and wait for it …Dan Marino …

Okay Trent Dilfer…Get back to that shit you were smoking . :smoking: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Indeed, what does a Super Bowl winning QB, who was in the league for a decade, who then worked with QBs for years in Elite 11, and still coaches QBs, know about quarterback play compared to you, NYL?

2 Likes

Apparently nothing … Not for a second can I give him a bit of …well maybe .

Tua does not throw a ball better then Aaron or Marino …nope , not for a second .

1 Like

So here’s the thing.

I have been trying to keep an open mind with you. I was starting to come around to understanding your points much more on Tua…then you do this and totally redeem yourself showing the bias!

Less than a year ago this guy was the best prospect since Luck. Even on par with him.

If there was ever anything that proved the bias its here.

Just admit the dude has arm talent and intangibles. You lose me when you argue that he doesnt.

I 100000% understand the injury concerns. They are justified. Just stick with that argument.

1 Like

Hahahaha …This is the equivalent of Jordan Palmer raving about Burrow . Dilfer is a paid employee of Tua’s

Nope not a chance I can take what he says with any validity after that…

Dilfer …Tua is getting back to himself…Okay maybe

Tua is showing much progress and getting his feet under himself …Okay maybe

Tua throws the ball better then Marino and Aaron Rodgers …GTFOH :joy:
That is straight up crack pipe smoking nonsense…

Tua has avg to below avg arm strength… is that the end all be all ? No… but stop …
Tua could only dream about making some of the throws Aaron, Marino or Stafford could

Not a single throw Tua could make that any of these 3 could not …

Tua can not make all the throws these 3 can …it’s not close .

2 Likes

Lol. Whatevs man.

How good is Tua without injury concerns? He had 3 first round wrs and a great o-line. Is he really head above shoulders better then Herbert who didnt have much around him?

Still would be shocked if he goes anywhere outside the top 10