Tua fails physical?

Not a big fan of Lombardi but he tells it how it is about Tua!!

Is the dude a potential piece of glass that will possibly scare teams away???

It’s a very serious injury. He might never be the same, only time will tell. Unfortunately for the kid, there isn’t a lot of time left. A team that drafts him knows he might be IR’d the first year.

1 Like

I agree and I don’t see this helping the Lions at all in terms of a team trading up!

Depends. If the medical opinion on Tua is shared by other teams, then there’s greater scarcity at the QB position, which means the bidding war may shift to Herbert instead of Tua.

Also, if true, then it solidifies my thesis that the cost of trading up for a QB won’t be as high as past years. If Young is gone as expected, and the Lions get No. 39 from Miami or No. 37 from the Chargers, that should improve the team.

they will get at least a second but I think they will get more

Tua is damaged goods …but his doctors say he will make a complete recovery ?..

Hips are ball joints, they allow you to have your legs move freely so you can walk and support your upper half. If Tua can walk freely and support his upper half then Tua has made a complete recovery …Doctors were spot on .

Doctor says he is recovered 100% …Great so he will be the athlete he was ? We have no idea.

Will it dislocate again ? It’s more likely it will . We cant say for sure

Any team report that he failed physicals prior to the draft is a shit scenario for the Lions for a trade up …A GM needed monster size balls to draft him early, even bigger ones to trade up for him prior to any announced failed physicals…
Now that same GM is up shits creek with making the choice of investing $34 guaranteed if he is riddled with injury that caused others to fail him… that’s basic stuff…that’s risk assessment… that gets you fired quick and a huge liability on the Doctor that clears him for play when others would not.

I don’t think anyone expected Tua to pass a physical before the draft.

Any team drafting him will be taking a risk for sure. That’s a hard thing to trade up for if you ask me.

However the kid has the ability you covet in a QB and I think a team will gamble on him but I suspect that team will rest him for a year.

I’m hoping him and his doctors can convince a team like SD or MIA that he’s worthy of moving up to get. But that maybe wishful thinking too.

I actually think the CV19 situation is hurting his draft stock as teams can’t visit with him.

I guess we will know soon enough.

If there is a trade up for a QB the trade may not yield much or what some think. I am buying Miami moving up as they have three 1st rd. picks and if they trade for a QB they would have an excellent QB situation with Fitzgerald, Rosen and a rookie. But is that Tua? Might they just sit back and focus on Herbert?

Right now I am thinking Miami gives up their 18 OA pick and a 5th to see what is up with Tua. If I am a Miami fan I am okay with that. It is a high price but they have the chips to play. The pressure point if between the Dolphins, Chargers and Jaguars. Do all three of those teams want a QB? If so…there are 2 and one may not be ready to play this year and maybe not ever. Tough situation. But if healthy this kid is really good. There could be a dark horse team that might want to trade up too but that is just too crazy to think about.

This is between the Dolphins, Chargers and I think Jaguars.

I think the Dolphins hang onto their 1st Rd picks and only Nos. 39, 56, and 70 will be in play.

1 Like

Not sure what to take from that “article”. Lombardi is kind of trash, so there’s that. Then he says 2 teams failed his physical, but doesn’t go into any detail like what they based it on. Did they actually work him out or did they just move him down their boards based on his injury history?

Then he goes on to say that Tua could have a great NFL career. Nothing like covering all bases and not giving us anything of value.

Nothing really new in that column. Tua has been hurt. It’s a concern, which is why he will probably no longer go #1 overall. How far he drops remains to be seen. He could be an elite QB for the next 15 years or he could flame out. Add every single other drafted player to this scenario.

1 Like

Sounds like BS that teams put out there that want Tua to fall to them likely the Raiders or Chargers you cant believe any of this stuff right now.

11 Likes

Agree with Bricklayer. Yes, the injury is real and teams are rightfully going to take it into full consideration. But a lot of these type of stories are put out this time of year in effort to manipulate the draft. Teams and writers are more than happy to publish as much BS as they want. It happens every year, and it’s not fair to the players.

Holy Smokescreen Batman!

3 Likes

So you think a team is purposely lying about Tua failing their physical?

How would he know? Has Tua taking a physical for anybody? Sounds like hot air or he’s on the payroll for another team to say this

Unless the team comes out and confirms it on public record…yes.

He did at the combine. They had more medical testing than any other player in the draft. Doctors said everything looked like it was healing properly. He’s not 100% healthy and cleared to play yet. No surprise.

I’m sure several teams will have him off their boards to but I guarantee you that nobody has solidified their boards yet. I’m sure some teams are watching him closely with plans to draft him if things look good. However they might not get a medical update before the draft with this CV19 situation.

To be honest, if Tua does carry tag brittle, that just drives of the stock of Herbert too. IMO, that’s a good thing for trading down.

2 Likes

Well this is rumored how MIA feels.