Tua fails physical?

So if he is there - after we do a trade down for more picks - at say 2/3 round… do we tsk him at that draft position and let him no shit sit for a ye or two?

If he does fall I don’t think he makes it out of the first round… you need that 5th year option so you can potentially redshirt him for a year.

I think a team like NE would jump on him in the later part of round one.

I seriously think between 4-6 QB’s go round one.

Said the same thing in a different thread.

All Quinn has to do is convince both the Chargers and the Dolphins that both teams are talking to us about trading up for Herbert (which has already begun to happen on PFT). We only need one of them to actually like Herbert enough to trade up, and if the rumors about Tua are true, then I’d say there’s pretty good odds of that being true. Also if those rumors are true, we might actually get more in a trade, since the supply has been reduced.

If Tua is seen as too risky yep, the premium just went up on Herbert.

BUT…for the Lions the calculation changes if the Fins are not moving up. OR…are the Dolphins looking at Herbert and if so…are they worried about the Chargers or Jags grabbing Herbert?

This is going to be fun to watch.

Many times when surgical repairs are done they make the injured area stronger than it was prior to the injury. I suspect any team interested has gotten Tua to sign a release for the doctors to divulge everything. IF HE DIDN’T that would be a cause for concern. They have consulted with their own medical staff and have formed an opinion by now.

If believable 2 teams out of 32 took him off their boards so about 6% say no. Does that means over 93% are not worried about the medical then. Big majority.

EVEN IF a team doesn’t need a QB; at some point you are willing to take a risk on an injured player like Tua. To say he was totally removed from their boards would be nonsense.

Agree this is going to be the funnest draft in recent memory. Nobody really has a clue whats going to happen. So many wildcards.

These types of “rumors” come out every year prior to the draft. Most of the time it’s a smokescreen. Teams have relationships with writers. Writers will throw out stuff like this to try and lower or raise the stock of certain players, depending on if they want them or if they want someone else to take them. Oldest trick in the book.

Of course the writers never have a source, reasons, facts or anything. Just garbage.

If you are drafting #5 overall and you want Tua, why not help get messages like this thrown out there, so you have no need to trade up?

Tua holds a workout in a gym under Trent Dilfer’s supervision.

One has to think Tua and his agent are hearing these rumors and this is an attempt at damage control.

1 Like

Thanks for the share. Yeah, I feel bad for the kid. Not just because of his injuries, but the circumstances aren’t even allowing him to show the league where he stands in regards to his health.

To me, that seems like a colossal dick move by the NFL. The difference between being picked #2 and #22 could be like 30 million bucks. The league has money to burn. There aren’t a million guys with the circumstances Tua has. Probably a handful. Out of those, maybe only 2 or 3 want to conduct a pro day type of thing.

Why can’t the league set something up for them? It’s not rocket surgery to have some nfl GMs sit on some bleachers, 40 feet apart while these kids run some drills. But it is the NFL, and they seem to fuck up just about everything they touch anymore.

If it weren’t true I’m surprised Tua or his agent haven’t came straight out and let everyone know the rumors are BS.

this thread shouldn’t surprise anyone…the second fans found out about Tua AND his medical concerns, found out he was one of thee best QB prospects this draft…NFL fans ran with focusing on his injuries left and right. until there was a small lull in ‘that’ route of discussion…because the next thing you know folks said he was looking ok , medical staffs weren’t jumping out saying Tua could not play, but they expected him to and make a reasonable recovery in health prior to the draft, again Tua was medically evaluated during the combine…people were saying “wow look at him throw.” and fans were certain he would be drafted. THEN we see this “fails physical?” it has fans saying “wait a minute…what?” well once you have positive light cast on Tua…you know negative will follow…here it is : Tua fails physical."

1 Like

So all the GMs that are required to stay home and are not allowed to travel they are just out of luck I guess. I think the kid doing his own thing and sharing it with everyone is really the only choice that he has right now. This is not on the NFL this is just the world that we live in now. IMO all of these young men are getting screwed with the way things are going. There are plenty other players that whether or not they even get drafted will be based on their health and they have no way to truly show teams what they can do. Instead all they can do is hope that a team is willing to take a chance on them.

The bottom line here …nothing has changed. He is a hell of a lot further along then I thought he would be.
I really like the kid (The Human Being). The injury outlook long term is not good …No team doctor doing his own physical will see anything new . The timing of the injury really bad, you really want to see an MRI 12 to 18 months removed for AVN …If all clear & he looks the part or a really good version of himself… it becomes …a will it happen again scenario that you bet on …

I think it’s as much of a possibility of him going top 10 as I do falling out of the first round . A play for Tua might be “Don’t Draft Me” after round #1… I wont sign a contract and reenter the Draft in 2021 . Remove the AVN variable, train like crazy with a former Pro QB & an NFL QB Coach , have real workouts with teams in 2021 …Then let the chips fall as they may …

That’s the thing though. Players that were physically able and wanted to perform in the combine did so. They all got a huge advantage. You shouldn’t punish someone with an injury because of this virus.

It’s 2020, this can be handled so easily with our technology. Excuse me if I don’t believe GMs are staying at home. I can’t keep my damn 75 year old parents at their homes. There are so many non essential businesses open all over the country.

I think it’s lazy and shitty by the NFL to not set up something. They could freaking skype a workout with him. Have a few NFL guys meet up at facility just to legitimize the yardage and whatnot, set up a few cameras, allow GMs to each ask him to perform a drill. Whatever. It’s so simple.

Again, anyone that was willing and able to attend the combine, did so. This only regarding a VERY select few guys that in any other year, could fly anywhere and show people what they can do, or people could go see them. I think it’s a horseshit move by the NFL to punish a few people because they got hurt prior to the virus.

Meanwhile, we have random nobodies loading up in airplanes and flying to Mexico to make parts for freaking shopping carts. I’m not kidding. This is happening.

Anyway, they still have a couple weeks. They need to at least provide people like Tua with an opportunity of some kind.

2 Likes

Do that for him and they’d have to do it for everyone. I guarantee that’s what the league is thinking.

I like where your head is at on this. Although it should be unnecessary if the league would just step up.

People get hurt in football. Tua is one of those guys. He should get drafted where GMs and team physicians feel he will be. However, they aren’t allowing that to happen, so they are possibly going to cost him tens of millions of dollars, because they can’t afford a freaking mask and gloves?

I mean it’s a one day thing. Put him and the other few people with similar circumstances (if they choose) on a field (separately). Send some doctors (in gosh damned hazmat suits if need be). Let him get looked at, let him work out. The end.

Why they feel the need to punish injured players and have an unfair draft seems ridiculous.

1 Like

That’s my point though he can put a tape out , hell even running the forty and doing combine drills , go outside to a turf high school field with Ruggs and Jeudy …pay for the plane tickets …film it, send it out, do everything you would do at a pro day .

Doctors are not going to see anything new in person…get a fresh MRI right before the draft send it out to anyone interested…

He is not 100% clear of AVN yet …it looks promising as of now and really AVN is more a concern with dislocation without fracture, then it is with fracture…he has that going for him as a plus with his MRI’s being clean thus far.

If he shows 95% of what he was …the main question is will it happen again ( it is more likely to happen again , then it was before it first happened ) , what is the long term outlook for a bone on bone scenario from cartlidge damage , will mental issues hold him back (is he gun shy now) … questions that can’t be answered now .

AVN is the only thing at this point that keeps Tua off the field forever or if he re dislocates prior to ever playing an official NFL game , if any sign of that pops up it’s over …the kid will never play . The #3 pick is $34 Million guaranteed…that’s a ton of money to gamble for finding out in late 2020 or early 2021 that AVN is creeping in …AVN is disaster for any team who takes him . Re dislocation is disaster as well .

1 Like

Looking better and better for AVN.

1 Like