Tua in concussion protocol?

All the QBs do something, making it sound like he wasn’t having great success.

I hope he’s ok. He was good in college but also got beat up for free(ish)

4 straight losses

Great Success Win GIF

Ok if he was concussed in third
Yet was having a good game
Until concussion leading to 3 4th qtr interceptions can count as a loss when you let Tua play with a concussion.

How would you count niner game ? They’re 4-0 against teams over same stretch making QBs look bad so
He’s not alone. Then add teams who played niners week before are 0-14 ( some crazy loss record if my stat is wrong ) so that makes all those QBs at least have gone 0-2 but also Tua isn’t alone among QBs who go at least 0-2

There I’ve provided some context for at least 3 loses having not much to do with Tua talent level

Tua is also only 24 years old, a lot of times it’s older guys than need to retire because of all the concussions. But, he’s getting them often at a young age, which is not good usually a good sign at all.

1 Like

He’s young enough to rest it a couple years and come back too.

2 Likes

Not sure if you are a hockey fan or not, but that’s what Crosby did… barely played for like 2 years after several concussions and was able to come back and have a great career. About 10 years ago a lot of people thought his career was over.

3 Likes

And his team left him in there. Now that he lost his 4th in a row, Bridgewater is taking over and “Tua is being evaluated out of and abundance of caution that we had no intention of showing until he lost his 4th straight game.” If he played well and won that game, he would be starting next week without a doubt.

2 Likes

I’ve had 3 concussions in my life, all from hitting the back of my head.

Obviously none of mine are even close to what he has had in terms of how hard our heads hit the ground but my God, this kid is 24 and he’s had 3 in a year, im 40 and have had 3 in my life.

He won’t protect himself because he’s 24. Someone needs to be an adult here and prote this kid otherwise he wont be alive or be functional when he’s my age.

6 Likes

Not concussion related…but I’m also 40!! Enjoy one of the best rants ever.

Yea I agree like he may not have ever entered the concussion protocol
Because they wouldn’t check

1 Like

If he keeps losing football games, he will have all of the protection he needs from himself.

2 Likes

Losing doesn’t keep QBs from starting

All the losing Stafford did sure got him out of the league like Stafford lost 4 in a row

So many QBs have continued to play after losing 4 including to start and have good careers.

I’d say injuries , particularly the concussions are the issue rather than his skills.

I hope he heals and stays healthy. The league needs plus QBs no matter how one actually breaks down their rankings.

1 Like

Hahaha what the heck was that from?

I’m 40! Come after me!!!

Lol I turn 40 this coming year I’m gonna play that on my birthday lol

1 Like

Haha a classic press conference rant where the sportswriters were attacking one of his young players.

The full version is even better! haha here you go!

3 Likes

Shoot forty was a Jim Schwartz season for me

3 Likes

Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes

I guess I’ve kinda lost the thread on your point.

Imo losing as a starting QB isn’t the same as losing and playing poorly as a starting qb

Nor do I know what it means when the coaches still think he’s the best option when he’s also playing h poorly.

If injuries don’t end Tua’s career early

• which given the risk , publicity , pressure im not sure which way it goes right now - I think Tua would continue to get starting opportunities in the nfl.

Stafford on 2012 must’ve lost 4 in a row and threw a lot of picks.
2015 he definitely did and got his OC fired. And continued to start

So i can’t tell if you’re trying to say
Tua isn’t good enough to start in nfl
Despite the way he’s played this full year or you’re trying to say QBs who lose don’t start for long

See Troy Aikman 1-15

1 Like

Such a great rant. One of the all time greats :rofl:

4 Likes

You lose the point alot, but its because you are a thinker. Your heart is generally in the right place.

I’m trying to say that if Tua plays well and the Dolphins beat the Packers, he would not be in concussion protocol with Teddy Bridgewater getting ready to start week 17. I can’t be any more clear than that.

1 Like

Not sure if his was posted yet, but it has a very thorough breakdown of what is supposed to happen in concussion protocol

2 Likes