Turf upgrades incoming

Yep, same knee he tore his ACL on in 2014.

1 Like

Also need to take into consideration the practice facilities for these teams, they only play on the stadium turf on Sundays.

Another thing, I always wondered why teams like the Lions don’t practice in the game stadium more to get used to the playing surface, would seem like an advantage.

1 Like

But it really had nothing to do with the field, Ragnow landed on his ankle from the side, then the knee buckled. 320 pounder stepping on your ankle, ouch.

1 Like

That is one talented Keuter!!

He wrestled 220, by the time he leaves IOWA he’s likely to be 275 and another 3rd down DE.

2 Likes

Good stuff… we just started a youth club last year for our area. Unfortunately our school district only has roughly 100 HS enrollment. So having our own HS team might be a stretch (Co-op with a neighboring school for now), especially when basketball had a recent wave of talent that brought home 3 straight state titles… Good for them, not good for wrestling as it is now a tougher sell.

1 Like

There’s so many variables that go into injuries.

Is it the field.
The practice field.
The training facilities.
Coaching
Training Staff
Etc

When it’s just the home team suffering a high amount of injuries you can link it to anything other than the playing surface.

But …. If both the home and away teams are suffering a high amount of injuries you can safely link it to the playing surface.

The Lions indoor practice facility is a 50 yard field and is the exact same surface as Ford Field. The Lions have a really nice facility at Allen Park.

I’ll share some pics of it.

1 Like

Here’s some close up pics of inside Allen Park, down on the turf at Ford Field and even the turf in the training area. As you can see they use the same turf.

Your looking at a couple different turfs through the years but each time they upgrade FF they also upgrade Allen Park too.

3 Likes

Good stuff Air. My only question is, why are you hanging out with the Vikings on their end?

:joy:

1 Like

To be honest I don’t recall why we were near the Viking at that time. More than likely the Lions had went back in the tunnel and only the Vikes were on the field.

Here’s a few where we were near the Lions just so there’s no confusion which team we’re supporting!

e

How the ■■■■ is Goff going to practice hitting Jamo on a 50 yard field!? No wonder he missed him wide open vs the Jets. Fox can literally punt the ball 75 yards.

Cool pics though, thx for sharing!

1 Like

LOL, looks like they found the chart I posted…

1 Like

They may not always use it (might cut it off), but they have a 100-yard field inside and two outside at Allen Park. Goff and Jamo will be fine.

Our last 2 ACL’s were at away games. Okwara at Chicago and Walker at Minny. Means we haven’t had an ACL injury at home since 2018.

I would like to see if theres a Achilles tear list …those are worse and we seem to get more than others last few years

Those were Achilles injuries.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.