Ty Johnson 4.26 40 Doseofdeon

I had to work that day, but I heard most of the game on the radio. I caught the tail end of the game live and of course back then I used to record every game on DVD so I went back and watched it again. Kevin Jones did really good in the last 8 games of that season and the Jax game was where it started. But the offense still sputtered. Not only did Drummond half two returns for TDs he had another one where he broke it enough to start the drive in field goal range. Not only could the team not score on the short field, we didn’t even get a field goal out of it (went for it on 4th and 5 instead of kicking it).

2 Likes

I get queasy just reading your comments about the game.

How many versions of losing and ineptitude are there, anyway?

However many there are we’ve probably seen about every single one…:fearful:

1 Like

And every time I think that is true they find yet another way, lol. It ain’t easy being a Lions fan.

Speed kills in the NFL, and this guy (Ty) is fast. Gotta work on those hands, but I can see lining him up in the slot once in awhile to scare the shit out of the defense.

2 Likes

I remember it well. I was making a fool of myself, liquored up at the local BW3. That second punt return sent me jumping and running around the restaurant. Received many “sorry man. You guys had that one.” from the random people. Back then, I actually believed them.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/throwback-thursday-eddie-drummond-returns-two-punts-for-scores/amp/

1 Like

I remember I watched the Cowboys v Lions game in 2013 where we had that great comeback. The bar was full of Cowboy haters so they were rooting for the Lions. When Stafford scored the go ahead TD the bar went nuts BUT they noticed that the only Lions fan there (me) was intently watching the screen instead of celebrating. They said “c’mon buddy, you guys just won!” I said “they aren’t going to let it be that easy, watch them try to take the score away.” The guy says “dude, he scored TWICE, they can’t possibly try to take it away. We all saw it!!” I then point up at the screen at the ref coming out to announce “the previously play is under review.” The entire bar was floored that such an easy to call TD would get reviewed. But, as I Lions fan I knew it was coming.

1 Like

As a Lions fan, you learn early and often it aint over until there is all zeros on the clock, and even then you have to hold your breath until the post game reporting begins.

1 Like