Uh-oh…. See Bucky Brooks Latest Mock!

If you just watch Bell play vs IOWA you would think he is the #1 pick in this draft.
2021…11 catches for 240 yards 1 TD
2020…13 catches for 121 yards and 3 TD’s

361 yards in 2 games and 4 TD’s? Yeah, I’m very OK with taking him. IOWA had arguably one of the best secondaries in the NCAA, led in int’s for most if not all of the season.

3 Likes

Let’s not forget, when that deal was made, the rumors were they wanted Jones, not Lance. They supposedly decided on Lance after they made that trade. Truth or not, only the 49ers know.

Inside the circles I have talked to? 100% yes. There is still talk that 3 was too rich for lance even. Time will tell, and as I have said numerous times……if he is a first round pick fantastic. Never said he couldn’t be……but just don’t dismiss the idea of him not being a first round pick bc it doesn’t jive w your own personal assessment especially if the other perspective is from actual scouts who have access.

2 Likes

Receivers are such a crapshoot, you can find good ones just about anywhere in the draft, but if Williams is miraculously sitting there at 32 and the Lions pass on him I’d feel a little ill.

1 Like

First team all Big 10 WR David Bell…

Now, I doubt he goes in the first because even though game speed is more of a thing, his 40 time is going to be one of the slower one’s if not the slowest of the top 10 WR’s. I’m OK with waiting but he won’t be there when we pick in the 3rd.

2 Likes

For whom the Bell tolls
Time after Time

Hopefully we get some accurate GPS data about Bell. I don’t expect him to run very fast in the 40 but he’s another guy who just gets open. My hunch is he moves better than we think.

I think Walker could be fine at FS if he had better support and they could mix and match. Cine seems to have decent instincts and this is a crap Safety class IMO. I think Cine is a reach in the high 2nd, but if Hill is gone as he is in this mock, whatcha gonna do. Maybe Bolden out of Miami a bit later? Wanted Bates in FA but after what Cinci did, it’s going to be awfully hard to pull him away even if we break the bank. Maybe just go get Diggs for a couple years until we can work our way back to a young Safety in a better class down the road.

On Robinson, I juuuuuust flipped on this myself. I was always going for the outside tall guys, but I’ve come around watching this guy. Yes he’s small, but he’s just so explosive and with the motions we run, I think he’d be awesome for us. St. Brown got penciled into slot because of his lack of height and deep speed, but then when he had to play outside, we just brought him on a ton of crossers like they do with D. Adams and he just killed it. I’d also be ok trying Cephus out at WR2 when we need a bigger body outside. I also think IF we are keeping Goff, getting a 50/50 guy isn’t the right plan. He’s just not a big risk taker and would rather hit an open guy 5 yards downfield, than chuck it up to a covered WR 40 yards downfield. Trying to make the right fits and my scenario we’re rolling with Goff.

1 Like

I actually like the safety class. I don’t think it’s a banner group and impact talent after Hamilton may be lacking but I think there’s a number of guys that can really help us starting on day 1.

My vision for the deep middle is two guys with free safety chops that aren’t afraid to be physical. I just don’t think high end in the box skills are worth living with potential coverage vulnerabilities. When both Williams and Metchie were healthy in the conference championship game the Georgia safeties looked outmatched.

1 Like

He’s really, really good at football which is enough for me.

1 Like

I have the same vision of physical free safety types. Harris can handle the downhill stuff. Who else do you like? I’ll check them out. I had serious man love for Richie Grant last year, so I do want a rangy guy that can still lay people out.

1 Like

As far as centerfielder types I really like JT Woods and Kerby Joseph. I think Cam Taylor Britt would convert to safety very well. I like Bryan Cook of Cincinnati as just a solid do everything type. I think Verone McKinley has some Jordan Fuller to him.

Joseph is probably mid day 2. JT Woods is probably going late day two if he runs the way he’s rumored to. Cook and McKinley are day 3 guys. Taylor-Britt I’m really not sure. Some teams will probably like him at CB but I think he’s got more upside at safety.

I do like Cine and Brisker and Hill. I’m just not sure that I love the value at 34. Hill’s upside is tempting just bc that speed is rare.

1 Like

Yes I would.

I posted my thought on our first three picks in another thread. It’s Hutchinson, J Williams and then Cine at 34.

Look…I don’t watch college football and I don’t know shit about football like you guys…I just listen. I listen to you guys, I listen to the radio and I listen to videos and mocks on the internet.

As of February 1st…these three are a possibility.

The question I have is. Are these three picks something that the Lions coaching staff can work with and take our team to winning sooner than later? Do they fit?

I just want one of Brisker, Hill, Cine, or Pickens at 34 right now

2 Likes

If we let Walker and signed Marcus Williams then I’d be more interested in Cine at 34. Still think that’s a tad high but he’s probably a second rounder so it’s not a huge reach. I just think a Walker-Cine pair leaves us a bit lacking in the coverage department.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll look at those dudes.

I’m with you on Joseph but I worry he’s gonna rise like crazy a la Dantrell Savage a few years back. Maybe not all the way to the 1st round but higher than where he goes now. I also like Nick Cross quite a bit as a coverage option.

First pick before Dean was Jordan Davis

Basically I went with if Hutchch went one and the Eagles wanted to move up for Neal/Thibs and offered their small treasure chest of picks to move up

Daxton Hill and Nakobe Dean taken just before the Lions’ second pick … Ugh.

That said, David Bell would be a fine get.

David Bell just looks so slow on film.

1 Like