Updated Full Practice Squad

Some interesting names. Even managed to get Robey-Coleman on the PS. That’s a decent depth move. Good to see we got both Mills and Reynolds back too, they showed some potential. Surratt and Mckinley back as well.

4 Likes

hell yessss my boy Craig Reynolds made it !!!

5 Likes

Pretty much the cut squad…

It’s good that these guys all want to come back. Means the staff treated them well.

I was hoping to see some new blood for T, LB, and SAF. There were some good players out there and available.

Didn’t I see a vikings TE somewhere?

3 Likes

Relieved to see all the names I wanted them to retain, because I think there’s something-something there: Beckett, McKinley, Reynolds, Wright, Kraemer, Surratt and Hector.

Now to keep other teams from poaching.

1 Like

Pride of detroit said this about these 2 other players. I wonder if they are the only outsiders so they have some additional paperwork/health checks.

Also that list has 15 and pride of detroit has 17 with these two:

1 Like

With 2 TE’s on the practice squad, and maybe 3 if Zylstra is on it too. I think we are going to roll with only 2 TE’s on the active roster in Fells and Hock.

Update - Fells released, but sounds like he will be back soon.

Fells just got released

1 Like

Delete - This post is irrelevant now.

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/1433158753751347200?s=20

Noob

2 Likes

Sounds like they will be back.

Agreed! They had to make a few roster moves make room.

Just temporary

I’ like to see our staff continuing to win at the margins. Still though - I don’t expect a lot of notches in the win column this year. I like what we’re doing though. I want a top their RB, next year, as well as WRs with size, speed, and home run ability.

I expect us to have Vatia’s replacement as our #1 priority. In 3-4 years, we will have a very expensive OL.

I am most encouraged by Sage and McKinley.

Sage…
2020 (Redshirt Junior)
Pro Football Focus’ Top 25 prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft who chose to return…Placed on Phil Steele’s Preseason Third Team All-America Team…Honored as a preseason fourth team All-American by Athlon Sports…Named a preseason first team All-ACC selection by Athlon Sports…Listed as a preseason first team All-ACC honoree by Lindy’s Sports…Listed as a preseason first team All-ACC selection by Phil Steele…Honored as a preseason first team All-ACC selection by Street & Smith…Rated as the Best Hands in the ACC according to Street & Smith Preseason Magazine.

This guy is the real deal, he just needs some time. He is a player I would protect.

McKinley simply shows up when given a chance, and that should give him a home esp when we are so thin.

2 Likes

With Jessie Lemonier, we have 18 now . . . two will be cut.

QB Steven Monez
RB Dedrick Miles
RB Craig Reynolds
TE Brock Wright
TE Alize Mack
TE Shane Zylstra
WR Javon McKinley
WR Sage Surratt
OT Darrin Paulo
OG Tommy Kraemer
NT Miles Brown
DE Bruce Hector
OLB Jessie Lemonier
OLB Rashod Berry
LB Tavante Beckett
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman
S Jalen Elliott
K Zane Gonzalez
1 Like

One will go to roster I think since 3 IMO will go on the 3 game IR

Or elevated? :thinking:

I think the TE will move up an if it was me would cut the kicker for first game. The other two spots would be Fells an the Safety we cut so we would be able to put the two claims on Wednesday

I like it. Run heavy.

So which 4 do you protect?

Mills, Coleman, Elliott, Lemonier??

Just picked our weakest positions that also have high injury rates. Protecting offense might make the most sense, dut to familiarity being slightly more critical than defense.

Now 16 Practice squad players:

QB Steven Monez
RB Craig Reynolds
TE Brock Wright
TE Shane Zylstra
TE Jared Pinkney
WR Javon McKinley
WR Sage Surratt
OT Darrin Paulo
OG Tommy Kraemer
DE Bruce Hector
OLB Jessie Lemonier