Van Ginkel to the Vikings

Pretty cheap too

Van Grinkel & Greenard

Good job Vikes

Can he throw the ball?

2 Likes

The former at least reuniting with Flores

1 Like

Damn, another one off the board. But 10M for him? I don’t think so. Problem is, many players that we thought would be good fits are coming off the board.

We better invest in our OLine heavily.

1 Like

Looks like Vikings are pivoting and leaning into their D. Not a terrible idea, they improved last year (except when they went against us) and are pretty young.

Fml

I think I was the biggest Van Ginkel to Detroit fan there was… But that’s lot for a 2nd/3rd and long only edge rusher. Even if it’s just for 2yrs.

Let’s see what we do…I’m not unhappy

He’s no Danielle Hunter

Does this mean the can still keep/pay Hunter?

Interesting…

5 Likes

Obviously he is going to be good with 4 arms.

1 Like

and 3 shoulders

1 Like

I’m with you. He was my #1 FA target. I’m not as worried about playing against him as his biggest draw in my eyes was his ability to drop back into coverage and not be a liability. He was also REALLY good at tackling running QB’s, something that has killed us here in Detroit.

1 Like

Some of these teams signing players with no plan. I like how Brad is very meticulous about who he signs.

1 Like

If I were this dude, I would’ve changed my name to Rip the first chance I got.

1 Like

It was also enlightening that he said he focuses on the ROLE a player is going to play, and has a budget for each role. It means he is in tune with the coaches and how their schemes work. Listening to him speak, he separates the role from the position or the player’s name. A good example is Odell Beckham. As a player, Brad said he would love to have OBJ. And overall, Brad isn’t against paying a “WR” big money. But he said there was no way he could sign OBJ for the money he had budgeted for the “role” OBJ would play. The Ravens signed OBJ for $15M. Which was well above the role they used him for.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying.

Like, can we just slow down for a moment and stop ignoring the fact that this guy’s name is Van Ginkel?

I mean, it’s Van Ginkel for crying out loud.

So pathetic. We gave another guy in a wheel chair the same AAV super productive and healthy Van Ginkel got.