# Vendor who sold concessions at Seattle XFL game tests positive for coronavirus

Vendor who sold concessions at Seattle XFL game tests positive for coronavirus# Vendor who sold concessions at Seattle XFL game tests positive for coronavirus

Michael David Smith

ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports March 5, 2020, 8:10 PM EST

A vendor who sold concessions at CenturyLink Field during the February 22 Seattle Dragons XFL game has tested positive for COVID-19, but authorities say it is unlikely the stadium employee spread the coronavirus to anyone at the game.

“We have worked with the employee and the operator of the stadium, First and Goal, to evaluate potential exposures at the Feb. 22 Seattle Dragons game, and we’ve determined that the risk of infection to attendees from this person was low,” a spokesman for Seattle’s public health department told the Seattle Times . “We are following up with a few co-workers with close contacts of the employee at the February 22nd game to provide guidance on appropriate precautions.”

The Seattle Dragons said more than 22,000 people attended the game. It is unclear how many people the part-time CenturyLink Field worker came in contact with, but health officials say those who attended do not need to be alarmed.

“There are no extra precautions are required for those who attended the Feb. 22 game or who will attend upcoming events, but all King County residents should know that the risk for infection with COVID-19 is increasing in our community, should be aware of their symptoms, and call their health care provider if they develop a cough, fever, or other respiratory problems,” the spokesman said.

Washington has been the state hardest hit by COVID-19. Of the 12 confirmed coronavirus deaths in the United States, 11 were in Washington.

Vendor who sold concessions at Seattle XFL game tests positive for coronavirus originally appeared on Pro Football Talk

I have no problem with someone legalistic view of the rule and regulations.

but… when you yoop use those to manipulate your own opinion on the subject; shame on you.

Let keep this going in spite of one person objection to it all!

Yeah, thanks for derailing another good conversation there, Lionsfanfortyyears!

1 Like

Wait, 40 is here? Or has he been Yooper the whole time?

I guess only Yooperlion could answer that one for sure…but he seems like 40 to me.

1 Like

That would explain a lot, actually.

Same conversation, different address.

Speaking of different address, Apocalypse bunkers selling like hotcakes at 6 fold the normal pace…

Right Niw, my bunker is gonna be a doghouse set in the side of a hill with a stack of canned Spam.

I’m not built to be a survivalist and hope to go out in the first wave. Preferably before Lions kick off in September.

4 Likes

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he said he was 40 back when he joined the new den.

Unfortunately I missed what he said. I’m guessing it was removed?

I was curious to know how the Coronavirus stats stack up to the common Flu. So I did a quick search. I found that It’s not even close. I’d say that people are way overreacting. I’m not understanding why the media is making such a huge deal out of this?

Infections

COVID-19 : Approximately 101,781 cases worldwide; 260 cases in the U.S. as of Mar. 6, 2020.

Flu : Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths

COVID-19 : Approximately 3,460 deaths reported worldwide; 14 deaths in the U.S., as of Mar. 6, 2020.

Flu : 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Read this if you want to know more.

I was reading where the big difference is we do not have a true vaccine for it yet.

I think there is some overreaction to the public health aspect though the situation is too fluid to know for sure. I do believe that the economic concerns are quite legit however.

1 Like

It’s a new virus yes. This is common. Happens all the time and it usually takes a few months for the new vaccine to come out. The article I shared eluded to this.

The common Flu today hits the world more heavily and we have a vaccine for it.

Agree - and I really do feel the media makes it so people overreact.

Said it before, China was a month behind on this to start… I will bet every state already has it there…

The problem with these over reactions are how it effects the economy.

People have forgotten discernment and commons sense … without hope or understanding only fear and anger are grown

2 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly

1 Like

Yep, currently seeing that unfold right now in Vegas. Its going to be a tough year for hospitality employees, thousands of which have been laid off the last year due to MGM going through some super budget cuts.

There you go, Air says above that he’s pretty sure Yooper said he was 40 when he came to this board.

1 Like