Viking interviewing Jim Harbaugh

I’d be a little surprised if he left. Michigan has 1 of the best offensive lines in the NCAA returning. And JJ McCarthy could be a major star. Far from leaving an empty shelf if he does leave. Of course if he goes to the Vikings, I will hope he falls flat on his face.

So no Cade? What a slap to that kids face.

Cade has marginal talent and no NFL future.

And yet lead uofm to t h e best record since 1997. Kid doesn’t really turn the ball over, I would not cut Cade out of nothing.

Are you reading Mr. McNown’s scouting report? Because, that’s his scouting report…

Ken Dorsey was the QB for what many consider the greatest college football team of all time. And he didn’t have the talent to play in the NFL It happens.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s it. He has a good contract on the table that meets his request. Those request are less about money and more about support. He’s just open to the NFL.

What drama is he causing?

Daring to explore a better job and more pay.

UM fans think they’re the pinnacle of sports.

I love Michigan, but never understood this unrealistic bar Harbaugh is held to.

2 Likes

UM fans are like Cowboys fans.

1 Like

I don’t think highly enough of Harbaugh to keep him on as a short timer that flirts with every NFL opening. I’d rather move on to a guy that wants the job long term. It’s also bad for recruiting, which is everything in college football.

1 Like

He still wasn’t recruiting at the level of top dawgs and that’s because it isn’t 1990. If Harbaugh is smart, he understands he’s much closer to being Cincinnati than Alabama. That’s not a knock. It’s reality. I’d leave too once I realized a national championship is a pipe dream.

He’ll never out recruit Saban and Georgia and he knows it. Hell, once Clemson and LSU return, and they will, he’d be lucky to make the final four again.

Harbaugh has always been honest with recruits that if the NFL calls he will listen. He’s been doing that since he got here. I remember Brady Hoke wanted to be here so bad he’d walk across glass for the job. I’d rather have a coach that is desired.

Impossible to predict the long term future. I never would have dreamed Miami and USC would fall on hard times. And podunk Tuscaloosa, AL would be the center of the college football universe. But here we are.

I like the guy. He’s a smart coordinator and he’s young. Seemed perfect for the college game. Like the idea of him as a replacement if Harbaugh bolts.

I think it is but when people start looking sometimes they get intrigued at the possibility of it.

1 Like

Let him go. he irritates people wherever he goes and will disrupt the Vikings “new” hierarchy.

Michigan will have NO problem finding a better replacement. (Beats Ohio State once and he is a hero?) He thinks he is bigger than the program. IT was here before him and will be here after him.

only 3-4 against MSU
3-3 against Wisconsin
4-3 against Penn State

Please don’t let his record of playing patsies give you a false sense of achievement.

I wouldn’t mind Harbs at Minny. I think his act wears thin, especially with pro athletes. Whether you like him or hate him you have to admit he is kooky and quite annoying. I live just outside of Columbus and I know JH annoyed the hell out of my neighbors this year…which was awesome. I think he caught lightening in a bottle this past season with Hutch, Ojabo, and that defense. And I think he knows it as well. He’s doing what a good investor should do…selling high.

Harbaugh thinks he’s bigger than the program? When did he show that? When he agreed to halve his salary? When he donated all his bonus money back to the athletic program to pay the salaries of workers forced to take pay cuts? When negotiating a new contract making sure his assistants have a larger salary pool? Making sure his players have better access to NIL benefits? Spending the past week hammering the recruiting trail? All the guy is doing is saying he will listen to any offers an NFL team may have and people are acting like he’s out of line for it. At least he’s being upfront and honest to the school, his players and recruits about it. That’s a hell of a lot more than some of these coaches are doing when their players find out from ESPN their coach is entertaining other jobs.

1 Like