Vikings contemplating QB change (again)

Full article/links at the link above.

The Vikings lost a key divisional matchup in Week 16, in large part due to the turnover-filled performance of quarterback Nick Mullens. In the wake of his rough outing, a change atop the QB depth chart could be forthcoming.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports the Vikings are “taking a long look” at replacing Mullens and starting rookie Jaren Hall. The former has started the past two games since taking over from Josh Dobbs late in Minnesota’s 3-o win over the Raiders. Mullens has amassed 714 passing yards over that stretch, but he has also thrown six interceptions while fumbling twice. The Vikings lost both of his starts, leaving the team out of contention for the NFC North title.

Sitting at 7-8, a wild-card spot is still in reach, however, so Minnesota’s decision under center in the bid to find a consistent Kirk Cousins replacement will be crucial to close out the season. Dobbs enjoyed a strong start to his Vikings tenure after arriving at the trade deadline, but he later struggled. That opened the door to Mullens taking over, and ESPN’s Kevin Seifert noted in the aftermath of Saturday’s loss that the 28-year-old appeared to still be in place to get the nod for Week 17.

When you have three QBs, you have none.

1 Like

Thought I read here that them ints were like punts and really wasn’t mistakes. Vikes seem to feel different about them ints.

They might as well. That last throw to JJ is a touchdown if he doesn’t wobble it in there. He also missed a wide open receiver on the left side of the field on the same play.

I got one for them

1 Like

I hope they stick with Mullins. Jaren Hall scares me, as in I think a chance he’s actually good. Please Vikings continue to screw this up and play Mullins :pray:

2 Likes

I think they turn back to Dobbs before starting Mullens again. At least Dobbs is mobile.

1 Like

Why?

I thought I already answered that in the post you quoted “as in I think a chance he’s actually good.”

1 Like

Ok. But I mean what leads you to believe he’s good. Especially at this juncture of his career. I did get serviceable backup vibes out of him at BYU but I can’t recall ever really thinking he was NFL starter level.

He was impressive every time I watched him in college which is why I like him and he scares me. Juncture at this point in his career, he was only just drafted so it’s not like he’s been in the league for 6 plus years already

They should run the wishbone, only with QB’s instead of RB’s.

I bet people would pay to see that.

Cousins getting injured was such a lucky break for the Lions this season.

Don’t get me wrong ■■■■■■■ pumped to be division champs but we barely beat a 4th string qb.

Asterisks time again…:laughing:

1 Like

True and thank gosh for the 4 picks.

I think he’s got some athleticism and pop in that arm but I always found the accuracy on NFL type throws to be far too scatter shot. Though I felt that way about college Josh Allen and Herbert too so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

They should sign Drew Stanton

Starting Hall would mean they’ve given up on the season. I think it sends the wrong message.

Dobbs was already benched in favor of Mullens which suggests Mullens is their best option. It’s probably smarter to stick with Mullens and hope his play improves. Or change up the play calls to have him execute higher percentage passes.

Personally I think they take too many risks. Their defense is good enough to keep them in games. Just play smarter football.

1 Like

Musical QB’s continues.

Pretty amazing they have 7 wins starting so many different qbs