Vikings Rumors: Minnesota 'adored' Lions rookie RB before 2023 NFL Draft

That would have sucked.

2 Likes

I’m loving how these things are now going our way after decades of them not.

9 Likes

And we’d have all made fun of the Vikings for it, and Gibbs would have promptly shut us up.

1 Like

If the Seahawks don’t pick Spoon, I think Gibbs is a Viking, and that would’ve really sucked.

I guess that’s what happens when you hire people that can actually evaluate talent and have the intelligence to have a plan for the draft and building the roster. Who knew that’s all we needed to do to become successful.

2 Likes

Agreed. So in that scenario, what spot would we have picked which RB in the draft?

Nah I think we would have taken him at 18, or traded up from there to get him.

3 Likes

Not if the Jets got him first at 15:

3 Likes

That is assuming Brad doesn’t trade up to grab Gibbs in front of MN.

That’s assuming Minny didn’t have a move or spot where they’d consider him.

Regardless I’m glad he’s ours and not theirs.

A Rodgers screen to Gibbs … woof.

I hope half our offseason is spent trying to figure out how to do a proper screen.

3 Likes

This…100%.

Amen to that. The Lions have way too many studs and speed to have a shit screen game.

Now BJ has done a great job overall. Don’t get me wrong. But we can be better in many areas. The screen game is a big one.

Screens to Gibbs. To Jamo. To Laporta. All could deadly. Especially with the lions blockers out front. Especially when defenses start blitzing a lot.

3 Likes

Like Artose Pinner

If I squint my eyes I can almost see Gibbs in Viking purple running roughshod over us. Shivers.

Impossible…Nobody drafts a RB in the first round now, It’s a wasted pick.

remember… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And Antoine Winfield Jr (on the right) after being outraced to the endzone by Gibbs;

Just about every player Holmes has drafted on day 1 or day 2 comes with several stories about how other teams really wanted them.

Brad Holmes Knows.

Giants were thinking about drafting Jack Campbell at No 25 and there tons of pre-draft stuff about him including this one on the “best LB in the draft”:

2 Likes