Vikings trade Ngakoue to Ravens

I think there is a pretty good shot that to win a Super Bowl you are going to have to come from behind at some point. I am skeptical of Lamar Jackson led a Ravens teams being any good at doing that. Especially against top notch teams. They will have to front run all the way through the playoffs and I just don’t see that as especially likely.

Lamar simply isn’t a great thrower of the football. He was much improved last year but he’s still clearly substandard compared to NFL peers in that regard.

Having a great run game and a great defense is a proven championship winning formula. They lead the league in points against per game and just traded for Ngakoue. I’d be ecstatic if our roster was built like the Ravens, including the QB position.

More so a case they they weren’t willing to give him a long term deal and pay him top dollar. Would probably have gotten a compensatory pick if they kept him until the end of the season but decided to lock in the third round pick now and burn the rest of the season to move up for a plum first round pick.

Good chance Danielle Hunter hits free agency too. I won’t be disappointed to see him leave the nfc north

I’d love their roster including QB as well. That doesn’t change my opinion that their path through the playoffs is less varied than other top contenders.

Since 2018 I get pretty excited when the opposing team ONLY runs for 5 yards on a play.

1 Like

Dude “Yngiwe Malmsteen” killed me. Lmao!

Vikes are likely to make a play for Laurence or the kid from North Dakota. If they keep selling and finish the year with 2-3 wins they are in the running!

1 Like