Walter Payton Man of the Year Nominee - Jared Goff

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-walter-payton-nfl-man-of-the-year-nominees-unveiled#:~:text=Former%20Rams%20offensive%20tackle%20Andrew,NFL%20Man%20of%20the%20Year.

10 Likes

I feel like we should have some way to collapse the tag list. I had to scroll a full page to get to the actual post :sweat_smile:

Edit - ope…now the list is gone. That works too, I guess.

3 Likes

Yeah, no idea why it did that. Deleted all the tags on the edit.

4 Likes

This would be a good time to state that he’s not the long-term answer here, no?

1 Like

I may have cried. I’m sure you guys are stronger than I am on that front : )

8 Likes

That wisdom expired several weeks ago before the New Improved Lions were unveiled.

His impulse to share and give back has been consistent since he came in the league. I’m glad things have cycled back to success for him on the field.

5 Likes

Love this shit!
He references “wrapping your energy around them” at the end.
I’ll be taking him on a toad-licking journey with me.

1 Like

7th of 32 in QBR, Lions’ Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee, coming into his prime years as an NFL QB - and some folks here still think he’s part of the problem.

SMFH.

6 Likes

Men may have cried only when there’s no plausible deniability…

2 Likes

It’s sarcasm, yo.

Not that I’m a big Goff fan or anything, but considering the conversations here on the night of one of our most convincing wins where the HC credited Goff with playing as well as any QB in the league possibly could have, it seemed apropos (and funny).

1 Like

Wasn’t responding to you, yo.

1 Like

If Detroit beats Minny, we will get some national attention. It’s easy to be the underdog. It’s much harder to win when teams start circling you on their calendar.

1 Like

Let’s trade him for a shinney new running QB

Detroit is a city in need of a football hero. Goff is a hero that needed a home.

Would love for the Lions to get something meaningful in the next couple years and Goff is exactly the kind of guy you can root for to get the city there.

Heck, even if Goff isn’t enough to get the SB, If he helps get the Lions to NFC title contention and it takes some newbody to get over the hump, that is still a huge win for everyone.

3 Likes

He’s not Matthew Stafford. That’s what people have issues with even though he’s far better than 2022 Stafford.

Gotta beat the best to be the best.
There’s no easy way to the top.

I was chopping onions for dinner man!!! I swear.

3 Likes

Dude’s a total, TOTAL mensch.

He did the same thing in LA - invested his money and his time in the community. Comes to Detroit, not knowing whether Detroit would be a long-term home, given almost no support on the field that first year, but wants to do whatever he can in the community while there.

This kid GETS it.

Total package athlete and human being.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.