Washington releases Haskins day after benching

Lol - Ron fires their QB and it’s leadership.

Bevell fires Coombs and he’s not a leader?!

Comon man!! :upside_down_face:

And to think many folks here wanted this guy over Stafford…:joy:

1 Like

crazy, isn’t it?

Haha oh Abject, have you worked out how we can still make the playoffs?

It’s crazy people associate Haskins and his ego and off the field problems with Fields. Still don’t understand that.

1 Like

Yeah, I would definitely need to see something that says Fields has mental issues before I’d make that connection. Otherwise it would be like assuming every Washington State quarterback is a headcase simply because Ryan Leaf was.

I still remember draft night when they interviewed him and his head didn’t seem to be in the right space for the moment. The last guy I remember to give an interview like that on draft night was Josh Rosen, who also didn’t have his head screwed on right. This is a league that’s so hard to play in that even having your head screwed on right and doing everything perfectly can still lead to some F’d up results. I remember Maurice Jones Drew said he wished more people understood just how “good” Blaine Gabbert was as a teammate and how professional he was. First in the facility, last out, always had his head in the gameplan and film room, etc. But its a tough, tough league.

1 Like

I did!

I’d be wary of any Ohio State qb. When was the last time you saw one become a good pro qb??

The draft is extremely hit or miss. I wouldn’t pigeon hole myself into not selecting a player because of the school he went to and their history with it.

2 Likes

It’s a good point, it doesn’t mean it can’t happen though. We will see how Fields looks vs Clemson in a few days.

How is it any different than DJ Shockley, David Greene, Quincy Carter, Eric Zeier, etc…you know former Georgia QBs…

So did Steve Rogers.

2 Likes

They said the same things about Ted Ledford coached QB’S…until Aaron Rodgers…then they shut up.

This is the voice of bitter experience talking. I used to voice the same opinions. I learned my lesson.

I’m not saying anything on Fields one way or the other. I’m just saying evaluate him independent of program history and the guys who came before him, because the minute you don’t, that’s when you really might be letting something amazing pass you by.

I totally agree that the draft is extremely hit or miss. That’s why the notion of tanking for high draft picks is absolutely foolish.

2 Likes

Head coach has battled cancer this year ffs, apparently the players wanted to kill Haskins for putting Rivera at risk by going to that party.

This guy has no idea how to be a professional athlete. See also Johnny Manziel, JaMarcus Russell.

Booger McFarland weighs in…https://sports.yahoo.com/esp-ns-booger-mc-farland-takes-african-american-nfl-players-to-task-amid-dwayne-haskins-saga-064534765.html

1 Like

He had TWO Covid violations. Way to go, Cap! Yeah, the Head Coach has cancer and is coming off chemo. Oh, you were partying AFTER A LOSS. In which you played like s@#t.
Rivera was almost forced to give him one last chance. Total fail. He is done.

1 Like

Some folks on social media got upset with Booger for saying that but he was 100% correct. Come into the league and be solely focused on developing into a good player, a smart player, a player who wins a lot of games. And after a couple years after you established yourself as a good player then you can worry about your brand.

3 Likes

I’ve heard of a few big name athletes who had their parents “restrict” the number of endorsement deals they were “allowed” to do when they first turned pro.

1 Like