Watching Bears Sports Chicago right now

The point is they are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

You can be mediocre physical talent but great at reading defenses and still excel in the league.

The opposite is good for a 4-5 year NFL career. Your original team gives up. The new team gives you a year and then you are done.

1 Like

Although this is all amusing, let’s not get cocky…until the Lions earn us being cocky.

3 Likes

Daunte Culpepper and Mike Vick said hello

1 Like

If there is an upside to being the Lions, its that we don’t have to experience what it must be like to lose to a franchise as hopeless and pitiful as the Detroit Lions.

6 Likes

I just can’t. I’m sorry use someone else. TB has won more SBs than Fields has games.

1 Like

“Oddly, refs were disproportionately in our favor today. Was very scary”. BS, they just called the penalties that were there

2 Likes

Us, after two straight wins.

6 Likes

That’s a weird hill to stand on but whatever.

How about Trent Green and Carson Palmer. Better?

well if were talking about QBs getting hit and ending their careers that’s makes a whole lot more sense than the GOAT who is still playing at 45…so sure!

1 Like

Our last road win was vs the Bears in 2020.

1 Like

Remind me what scrambling QB with limited passing ability lasted 20 years?

And they won what exactly doin their careers? They were shells of themselves once they got dinged up.

2 Likes

Once our defensive ends stopped rushing up field, Fields was pretty much done. He threw for 6 yards in the fourth quarter and really had just the one big run. I think that was the start of the blueprint to stopping Fields. He’s a one trick pony that teams will figure out soon. He’s run for an NFL record for QBs over a 5 game stretch…they are 1 - 4 during those games.

5 Likes

Remind me what pocket passing QB with limited passing ability lasted 20 years?

1 Like

Did they gripe about what a terrible call it was for the refs to put the ball on the 40 when their kicker kicked it out of bounds before the goal line on that kickoff?

What was the call that they think was so bad? They keep talking about a phantom hands to the face call but Johnson hit Benson in the neck which counts as hands to the face. If it did not jamming in the adam’s apple would be the only technique corners used?

1 Like

Exactly. You have to have passing ability to last. Fields doesn’t have it and he’ll be dinged up and out if the league before he ever gets it…if it’s even possible.

1 Like

It’s like people forget about all the other gruesome injuries to QBs…
even when they occur in the pocket.

1 Like

Per Dan miller on the lions review tonight on 97.1, he said he talked to a bears beat writer yesterday(didn’t name him) and the beat writer said a few weeks ago everyone was done with Fields and wanted to move on from him.

Obviously things have changed with the adjustments they made, but he is still not a great passer, and teams will adjust to how they play now. Lions were able to do it at the end of the game.

His rushing stats look awesome but they still lost the game. His passing stats not so good

1 Like

They have scored 33, 29, 32 and 30 points in their last 4 games. They lost 3 of those games.

2 Likes