Watching Bears Sports Chicago right now

These guys went off on the Lions earlier, laughing about how before the season started and Detroit was ranked ahead of them. They just said Detroit has not come back from 14 down in the 4th quarter since 1993. Blaming officials, etc, you can’t buy this kind of comedy.

14 Likes

Awesome. Fields can run and that’s about it. Good luck staying healthy long enough to get a team around him.

5 Likes

Its hard to hurt what you can’t catch.

2 Likes

Only team in the NFL to run for over 200 yards 5 games in a row. They should have added that they lost 4 of them.

7 Likes

We did get some favorable officiating for the first time in as long as I can remember

6 Likes

He was bleeding and limping to end the game.

In the early second quarter he got tackled and bounced his head off the field… came up dazed and I thought he’d be in the tent.

I don’t think he will win 6 games this year.

I think they need to spend 2 high picks on OL

I think they need a WR and 3 or 4 solid defenders.

I think he gets rag dolled the rest of this, and next year.

It will be a Lamar situation by year 4-5…. Bears won’t want to give him 250M and he won’t take a discount.

Justin Fields is a specimen, but I doubt he wins more than 1-2 playoff games in his career

5 Likes

Oddly, refs were disproportionately in our favor today. Was very scary.

5 Likes

He better learn to read a defense better. He is a great running QB but we all know how long they last.

2 Likes

They left alot of meat on the bone. The Bears committed alot more penalties than those that were called. There were some pretty bad holds that weren’t called, and their lineman were down field on a few of Fields late 1st down throws where he was scrambling around for 20 seconds.

We would have to give him a key to the city if he did that in Detroit.

Whoever said before the game that they needed to force him to pass was on the money.

He got his runs, but at the end when he had to pass they did a great job of contain and coverage and he was a sitting duck.

Defense still didn’t do great overall but they were opportunistic again, and made plays when they had to. I will take that for now

2 Likes

Fields won’t finish the season.

2 Likes

“How frustrating is it to lose when penalties are such a big part of the loss?” Question was to safety Eddie Jackson, to his credit, talked about their play on D and not how the game was called. Their D has given up 115 points in the last 3 games.

2 Likes

Yup. He’s a more durable RG3

1 Like

Lol Chicago fans can be so awful and whiny.

I still like the city but I don’t miss living there.

1 Like

I don’t think you are going to learn that by the time you get to the NFL.

Go back to the Tom Brady combine footage. Physically he was NOTHING but he could read a defense. #1 trait for a QB IMO.

2 Likes

It just takes one good hit. RGIII was fast too…for a few years.

4 Likes

The guy is an incredible athlete and ball carrier but he is a fairly mediocre QB when he has to run a passing offense despite having arm talent. He just can’t process at this level.

Bears absolutely hosed us on the ground yet conspired to lose that game. Herbert the RB is a dangerous runner but hard to see the Bears being able to build a team that can win consistently with Fields limitations.

Give me Hurts and his attitude and work ethic every day over Fields - you at least feel he do everything in his power to try and overcome his limitations.

1 Like

All it takes is one good hit to any player on the field. Remind me again how Tom Brady missed an entire season?

Holy shit we cannot be bringing TB into a conversation about Justin Fields. Just stop it lol.

5 Likes

it was a factor to our win, but I think our players and team fought and played hard to win it.