Watching Good Teams

I was in the 6 win camp until 50% of the starters got hurt. I don’t ever remember a team dealing with this many injuries. 2 achilles tears, a broken collar bone, finger surgery, toe surgery….

These are things that happen every couple of years. Not all at once

I thought if everything went right we had a chance to win 5 or 6 games. When you lose your 2 best WR’s and your 2 best o-lineman, it’s gonna be a struggle especially when you already have the 2nd youngest roster in the NFL.

Maybe next year we can win 5 or 6 games, lol

1 Like

It hurts even worse because I wanted vrabel over Patricia.

2 Likes

It’s not even just the injuries. It’s that it’s literally all of our very best players.

2 Likes

Both of them…

WHAAA??? Damn, would THAT be nice. All the Lions QB can do is stare at the running back as he’s running his 2 yard route.

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

2 Likes

Sometimes I think the Lions would be better off if the league let them reestablish as an expansion team. We’d lose our few current good players, but we’d have a clean slate. No bloated contracts and dead money from past idiocy. We could pretend that the decades of losing, impossibly bad luck, and downright fuckery from the league never happened.

At the height of the offseason the most common prediction I saw was 6-8 wins. I saw some of that 4 win crowd, and some of the “we can potentially get 8 or more wins if things go right” crowd. But yea Wes is right, the board saw this as a 6/7 win team in the offseason. The board mostly saw the lack of talent but somehow believed this rookie coaching staff was going to outsmart everyone.