Watson, Swift, Hockenson, Robinson, St. Brown

And I’m arguing that’s exactly what Watson is. At least from a talent perspective.

I’ve already said, multiple times, he has to pass the sniff test first.

1 Like

I wouldn’t quite put him in that tier of talent. He also hasn’t played football in over a year. Combine that with the drama (whether truly guilty or innocent of anything) and I’m not sacrificing THREE 1sts plus other important assets. I think their asking price is a little crazy by the way. But I imagine that’s just to drive up the actual return they get.

I could see a team like Indy paying up the wahoo for him, as they truly are on the cusp of contending for SB’s

R

1 Like

A) I love that movie.

B) Prove it

1 Like

The way I look at it is how much better is Watson than Goff and what would we have to give up to get him? If we’re talking multiple 1sts plus Goff plus other players I think I’d rather keep Goff and the other assets. I don’t think Watson is going to come here and turn this team into a contender with just him and Allen Robinson. That’s basically the same position we put Goff in this past season only with another weapon. I believe we have to add a lot more talent to the roster first and then have a bevy of players and picks next year to decide what to do at QB. Hell we may already have the guy, let’s at least complete the talent acquisition phase before we try to jump to the winning football games phase. Trust the process so to speak.

Those adds on offense may very well be good enough to win the division
There wouldn’t be much leftover to complete your defense.

I would put the OP into the “ain’t gonna happen” file though … :grinning:

I don’t think The Lions are there yet to get a marquee player to wave their no-trade clause

Saints, Panthers and Seattle are also all trying to land Watson and will be more attractive landing spots

Just so we’re clear, Jared Goff isn’t on the same planet as Deshaun Watson.

1 Like

I agree entirely. I was working under the premise, however unlikely, that Watson is open to the idea.

I think it’s going to take more than a few players to get our defense to just average and your not winning the division with a below average defense.

Just saying.

And the reason you have a credit card is to max it out.

If you add “prudently” at the end of your sentence, we are in total agreement.

1 Like

I just don’t see it. Lions have a better chance of getting that next year by letting Goff prove he can maintain close to what he did the last 5 games in 2021.

Goff will easily be the biggest controversy on our team next offseason. He’s going to improve massively. Juuuust good enough to not be a SB QB.

1 Like

Agree, but maybe just good enough to get a 1st round pick in a trade :rofl:

1 Like

But how much do we really know about Goff’s massages?

2 Likes

That’s how I see it too. Boosting his trade value. I’m in the “all in for a SB” crowd.

I don’t want to just be the best team the lions have ever seen…I want Super Bowl wins.

I think we have the right coaches. At some point, we’re gonna have to gamble on a rook QB.

Even if we miss 1 or 2 times, we need a good one.

Best case scenario, great draft this year (DE, WR’s, S) to strengthen the D and finish the rest of the O. Goff plays balls out and gets us a 1st rounder next year that we combine with our 1st and trade up to get a stud QB (aka Stroud)

1 Like

Trade up to get Jacksonville’s #1 pick. :wink:

My only fear with this plan is Houston ends up with the #1 pick next year