Way too early - Next years Draft!

Click Bait - well sort of. This is not a mock, but more of a mockery.

Detroit has exceeded its 275k draft capacity each night. The record before was 200k per day. Today we will smash the total draft attendance record by over 25%.

Next year the draft is in Green Bay. As good as Detroit did prepping for the draft (minus the ridiculous and totally failed attempt at a Holywood style Detroit sign), can we hope Green Bay falls on its face? Is it being too much of an asshole to hope they prepare for 300k and get closer to >100k to show up each day? Can we hope the crowd looks like a gathering to view a hated politician (where the camera angle has to avoid showing a fairly empty crowd). Can Detroit make a mockery of the fabled Green Bay?

I dont like being a dick… but if the city of Detroit with its nationally negative image can out shine the league’s jewel that is Green Bay, it will make me very happy.

One Pride.

1 Like

Green Bay’s population is only 106,000. Milwaukee’s is 563,000. They’re going to have a tough time matching the Detroit crowd.

Metro Detroit is a six-county metropolitan statistical area (MSA) with a population of 4,392,041.

2 Likes

I hope the view of next years draft is:

“Awe, That’s cute. Well at least you tried. You get a participation trophy!”

Next years “Super Bowl”, will be the Super Bowl!

With the 32nd pick in the 2025 NFL draft, the Detroit Lions select…someone from Ohio State

GB in April will bring a blizzard.

Or someone from Wisconsin and the Green Bay fans aren’t sure whether to boo or cheer.

1 Like

half baked boo GIF

No OSU prospects last to that late in the draft.

Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

There will be a sea of blue handsomeness up there. More Lions fans than packers

I have no problem taking an OSU player if he is a dude. But pre-determining a pick just because he is from OSU will make me throw up everytime.

OSU has a lot of dudes next year, is why.