We Have Our Kickers!

Moving onto 2022:
O-line *Check
RB’s *Check
Kickers *Check

Have not seen this posted anywhere, he made 6 50 plus yarders in college, long being 56. He does not look 6’0" 190#

2019 (Junior) • Playing in all 14 games, including a career day in the Cotton Bowl to cap the season
• Connected on 23-of-25 FG and 65-of-66 PAT
• Made 64 consecutive PAT to conclude the year
• Also tallied 103 kickoffs for an average of 62.4 and 65 touchbacks
• Recorded seven double-digit scoring games
• Had a career-high 21 points against Penn State in the 2019 Cotton Bowl
• His six made FG against Penn State are an NCAA bowl record
• Connected on 4-for-4 FG and 6-for-6 PAT for 18 points against SMU
• Was also 3-for-3 on FG with two PAT against Cincinnati in the conference championship game
• Also matched a career-long 52-yard FG against Cincinnati
• Connected on five FG of 50-plus yards throughout the year

2020 (Senior) • Lou Groza Award Watch List
• AAC Special Teams Player of the Week (11/30)
• Member of the 8-3 Tigers who won the 2020 Montgomery Bowl
• Played in all 11 games
• Connected on 15-of-21 field goal attempts, including tying a school record with a 56-yarder at SMU on Oct. 3
• Had his first career walk-off game-winning field goal on a 47-yarder in Memphis’ 30-27 win against Houston on Dec. 12
• Went 3-of-3 on field goals in the win vs. Houston from 49, 47 and 34 yards
• Had 12 points kicking vs. Houston
• Kicked the game-winning PAT in Memphis’ come-from-behind 34-33 win over USF
• Went 2-of-2 on field goals in the win vs. USF with a 52-yarder and a 33-yarder
• 12 points kicking vs. Stephen F. Austin and 10 points kicking vs. USF
• Played in the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl • Invited to the East-West Shrine Bowl
• Named a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award

That’s great on the kicker, but I’m actually not solid on running back at this point.

We have a dynamic Swift, with unproven durability.
We have a diamond in the rough with Reynolds.
These two are solid.

Jermar Jefferson has 15 carries and an injury. Can’t count on him.
Williams I like for 3 yards and under, in a crowd, but when there’s a defined hole, we’re throwing away yards. Reynolds is way better in space. We’re leaving first downs on the table with him.

I’m not suggesting investment, but saying between injuries and age, there is room for improvement here.

I have a good feel for the RB group.
Iggy has been a D-Back in college and his 1st few years in the NFL. I have seen tremendous improvement with him as a return man and a RB. I do believe his fumbles go back to him being a DB for the past 6+ years. Give him a camp going thru fumble drills. He is a strong runner, arm tackles don’t faze him and he has some quicks. Throw in the fact that he can catch the ball as well, I believe he has a good upside.
Jefferson, the little bit I’ve seen of him is mixed. He is in year one, throw on 5-8 lbs. of muscle/man strength and he might be better than what we could expect from a 7th rounder.
Swift and JW, two good backs, a bit of thunder and lightning. Reynolds? What a great surprise. A bit slow, but has great vision, good power and falls forward for an extra 1-2.
Backs 1A= Swift>Iggy 1AA JW>Reynolds, Jefferson a depth piece.
Would I like a Derrick Henry in our backfield? Who wouldn’t! I don’t see one in the immediate future.
I would love to see Swift and Reynolds/JW in the backfield a speed demon WR on a post, Hock running a mid-depth post, J-Reynolds an out with swift motioning out of the backfield with Brown running a seem. What’s a defense to do? Play the run, double the the post? Leave hock or Brown 1 on 1? What about Swift?
IMO, drafting a WR with SPEED opens up all faucets of the offense.