We Need Elite

So are you trying to say Goff is elite ? Never new a QB to be elite before he ever plays a down in the NFL.

1 Like

Did you miss Kirby over the top that almost got there ? It was a 40 yard rope and a hell of a pass. Them still shots must of missed that part. Goffs ball was short and about 5yrds from were the WR was. But ok.

1 Like

This is 100% true. Williams will beat his guy, look over the correct shoulder & 50% of this board will state William’s ran the wrong route.

2 Likes

News Flash

You guys have way, way bigger fish to fry than your QB

Let Holmes do his thing, and if drafting a QB with a premium pick is what he chooses, I’ll be on board, just not seeing it

3 Likes

Ben Johnson called a great game, but I still don’t understand why we’re talking about Goff blowing it. It was a bad pass. Miscommunication, maybe. Either way, Goff didn’t get that done.

BUT why on Earth did BJ call that play in the first place. I don’t care how beat up the line was, Jamaal was still falling forward for three yards at a time.

Just be smart, not cute. Hand it to J-Will, especially because you basically have two tries at that point. He’s going to get you a yard on two tries.

I’m not putting the loss on BJ, but that play call obviously hurt them.

1 Like

I agree on Goff’s ball, but a ball down the middle of the field on that route is an easier pass to make. Kudos to Allen for making it in crunch time. When Allen released that ball Kerby wasn’t even in the picture, Kerby made a hell of a break on that pass and almost made a great play.

But for a QB that throw on that route down the middle is an easier pass than a over the shoulder down the sideline, period!

1 Like

That play was a perfect example of why they call it a game of inches. Joseph was two inches away from getting a turkey leg on national TV.

Yep correct. The Bills took advantage of Glenn playing a Cover 2 Man coverage, they ran the outside receiver down deep to keep Kerby honest and then ran Diggs down the middle. Kerby made a great read but just a second too late

Glenn made a terrible decision to play that coverage when all the Bills had was 23 seconds. Allen knew right away where he was going.

1 Like

BJ called for a quick slant to ARSB, Goff saw the deep throw in play. Dumb play by JG.

Exactly this.

I sometimes feel like a curmudgeon when posters start debating if we Need a quarterback or WR or whatever. I’m not at all, but going into a draft looking for certain positions instead of best players nets the team guys like Jarrod Davis and Tavai and Okudah and Tabor and maybe even Hockenson and Onwuzurike. Not all terrible, but a lot of value left on the table.

Go into the draft to get the best players regardless of position and you will do well.

Only positions Lions need to address this upcoming draft is DT, DB, and OG, and none necessarily in the top two rounds.

1 Like

I thought Chark made a heck of a play on his TD which was a nice tight throw too.

I’m glad they aren’t dragging each other publicly.

2 Likes

Plenty of blame to go around, bad play call, HC has final say & didn’t over rule the play call, high risk throw low percentage throw was taken.

End of the day I do believe You can win plenty of games with Goff moving forward. Will be interesting to see what Holmes does if he’s in a position to take Young. I get both sides of the argument

You really think Goff can make that throw, if that throw doesn’t have that zip on it it would a have been picked. You are not gonna see how fast that ball arrived on a still shot picture. That ball was on a 40 yard rope and not the easy throw your still shot shows.

Yeah I think 2 QB’s in football can make that throw on a rope like that, Allen & Mahomes.

You keep going back to Goff for some reason. I already said Allen made a good throw, but if Allen had the choice of throws I am betting he picks that down the seam throw with a defender 5 yards behind the receiver vs the down the sideline over the shoulder throw to a receiver with the defender on his rear hip.

Would you argue that point? If so then we will agree to disagree

1 Like

I’m a little behind here. How do we know the Lions are scouting Richardson heavily?

1 Like

Idk I will argue that the throw that Allen threw was a harder throw then the one Goff attempted . And only a few QBs can make that throw with that kinda of zip. If your saying it’s a easyer throw because it was in the middle of the field instead of the sideline. Idk.

@farmerted after last nights game Richardson better not be be in the top 5, he had a terrible game.

Exactly this. Josh Allen was going up against the 32nd ranked defense. Jared Goff was going up against the 5th ranked defense and had a better game, and if you want a “game winning drive” look no further than the Bears game. On the Lions final drive they had to drive the ball 91 yards.Jared Goff was 4 of 5 for 84 yards getting them to the 1 yard line before Jamaal Williams ran it in for a td putting the Lions up by 1. This is much ado about nothing where Jared Goff got them into position to tie the game with a field goal in the 1st place.

2 Likes

Holy Cow

Talk about a bail out flag