We need to change are thinking

Many of on this board are so used to losing and bad GM which leads to bad drafts and free agents. I been on this board since the late 90’s I get it . But Brad and Dan have Earned our trust , we have to start trusting our Lions brass. So many people over exaggerate every free agent loss and underestimate every free agent gain or Draft pick . Folks I have news for you … Last Night was a great day to be a lions fan, Arnold was a Great pick , Brad made a Treat Trade , it going to work out Perfectly . We have no reason to think otherwise.Brad has proved it . The problem is US . We need to change our thinking . Lions are going to be Super Bowl contenders for the for seeable future. “ IN BRAD WE TRUST”

5 Likes

“Our” thinking…
…carry on.

I’m the English Police. LOL

2 Likes

That and we need studs
Not tons of picks for depth/talent

We already have that

2 Likes

I had to block the jerks that are so addicted to having shit in their cereal that they keep shitting in their own bowl.

Addicted to the neurochemistry of complaining. Stuck in a loop. Useless to society.

2 Likes

I mean at the end of the day the Lions are in the top 4 of the NFC with little doubt.

Tier 1 - Detroit, SF, maybe Dallas, maybe Philly

Tier 2 - who cares LOL

Tier 3 - Chicago and Minny you see my point right. These 2 teams are not even close to being on our level. BTW did you notice how pumped TA was to be on the Lions and how not pumped Mitchell looked to be drafted by the Eagles…LOL. We are that team

3 Likes

And, whatever the Lions don’t get in the draft, they can always fill in with veteran free agents still on the market.

For example, there are still some pretty good WRs still out there;

Best Remaining Wide Receiver Free Agents, 2024:

• Tyler Boyd
  • Odell Beckham Jr.
  • Michael Thomas
  • Hunter Renfrow
  • Jauan Jennings (49ers assigned RFA tender)
  • Mecole Hardman
  • Marquez Valdes-Scantling
  • Michael Gallup
  • Corey Davis
  • Julio Jones
  • D.J. Chark
  • Russell Gage
  • Allen Robinson
  • Alex Erickson
  • Lynn Bowden
  • Scotty Miller
  • Jalen Guyton
  • Randall Cobb
  • Chase Claypool
  • Sterling Shepard
  • Robbie Chosen
  • Richie James
  • Jakeem Grant
1 Like

Fran Healy Error GIF by Travis

That’s the other part of this

Free agents actually want to be here.

We don’t need late 3rd round picks to fill a spot that we can just sign a guy like Marcus Davenport or Amik Robertson or Zeitler etc

1 Like

When you have big money contracts like we are, and will be dishing out (Goff, McNeil, Hutch) YES YOU DO!

Debatable because

a) we are getting free agents to sign for less than they could get elsewhere

B) Brad gets back day 3 picks when he trades away his round 3 picks.

So he still has darts to throw…and he’s hit on Rodrigo, Houston, Mitchell etc for depth role players

Season 3 Lol GIF by The Office

And that’s why we need to trade up in front of Green Bay again tonight! We don’t need those 2, 4ths next year, go get us CDJ and or JPJ!

1 Like

I would expand on that to say I have seen a multitude of Wide Receivers that either are, or are rumored to be, on the trade block. Many of these can be had for a mid-low round pick.

2 Likes

And the Lions always have that extra 4th Rd pick in 2025 from the D’Andre Swift trade that they could dangle.

1 Like

:laughing: just talking about that in another thread. We’re on the same wavelength. :smiley: