We need to talk about Aaron Glenn

The D only gave up 14 pts through 3 qtrs against Minny…the offense had the ball 5 times in the 4th qtr, half of that up by 10 pts…get off Glenn’s jock and start looking at Dan and Ben for their stupid coaching/play calling. The offense should have fucking sealed this game.

1 Like

The problem with Glenn I have is film study or lack there of. If he watched the Philly vs Minny game he would have known the blitz up the middle was Cousins achilles hill. However he failed to consistently capitalize in this imo.

4 Likes

If you know it’s an Achilles then say so if you don’t know for sure then don’t. That’s coaching 101 imo.

I hope :pray: Walker is okay

It’s concerning he’s a healthy scratch. He’s going to have to play now. Let’s see what he’s got

2 Likes

Why didn’t we have a 2 or 3 deep zone on the last Minn TD? They had the FG in the bag, why was’t there anyone back if we were playing man underneath? Or were we just straight man, with a double on JJ?

2 Likes

Lots of 3step drops from Cousins. He was getting the ball out fast and a lot of short throws.

https://twitter.com/kmeinke/status/1574187496149340160?t=-IVi2IjEaBNAbGqRyQpO4A&s=19

As Meinke says, miscommunication happens WAY too much under Glenn.

4 Likes

He’s kinda Iffy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yup - he will get a shot. JuJu, Kerby and Iffy will rotate around and get some valuable reps next to Elliot.

Someone will emerg, or these ppl will be valuable rotational/depth pieces next year that got a ton of valuable experience during the rebuild.

10 wins, fellas.

It was bad, and it happened a couple of times.

Also true at the same time…
How many points would this D have given up if 2 of the 3 grounding calls against Philly had been called?
How many points would they have given up if not for officiating bias today (holding no calls, etc)?
You get what I’m saying.

Refs keeping 2-4 drives/game going is HUGE.
Can’t wait to get this week’s apology from the NFL!!!

2 Likes

We are spending $83M on defense which is sixth lowest in the league. Plus we have Levi, Paschal and Romeo all on IR. All were supposed to be contributors on this defensive rush and Romeo was supposed to be a huge contributor ($12.3M APY, highest on defense). Those guys are all DL.

Next man up is a great locker room rallying cry, but we aren’t in the locker room.

Not making excuses, just saying.

7 Likes

Don’t forget Cominsky, who led the team in pressures and his absence made the DL vanish yesterday.

That said, every team deals with injuries. Detroit seems to more than anyone, sadly, but every team deals with it. I have more of an issue with the missed tackles and the frequent miscommunications in the secondary, both of which are coachable.

3 Likes

Getting Jerry Jacobs back would likely help the secondary some.

5 Likes

Would have loved to have benched AO for a series or two and put jacobs in.

especially the 3rd down playcalls. good lord some of those were terrible.

Did Glenn call the timeout that stopped the.clock and gave Minny a free stoppage to regroup and draw up a game winning TD, or did Dan call that? Because that stupid fucking shit looks to be a stupid fucking pattern.

3 Likes

All our coaches are learning on the job.

No but his D did have a blown assignment after the timeout. That is 100% on him!

Is it really that much Glenn’s fault? A lot of the Front 4 is injured or playing injured so, no shit that they can’t generate pressure on their own or stop the run.
The LBs are waiver wire level guys and a 6th rounder, and the secondary is exclusively young guys and they lost their best player early this game.

Glenn adjusted and started sending extra guys to pressure Cousins after minimal pressure by the mash unit Front 4 but then you’re asking an undermanned secondary to cover top receivers. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Long story short, the talent isn’t there and the talent they do have is injured or playing injured in Hutch’s case. I’m not going to give Glenn a completely free pass but I think even Belichick would have a hard time generating even average results in this situation. It’s arguably the worst defensive personnel in the league when taking into account talent level, youth, injuries etc.

2 Likes

I’m not excusing the way Campbell handled the end of the game, but this statement above is 100% correct

1 Like

We’ve also played 3 talented offenses. Having said that though it feels like glenn was doing more with less last year.

4 Likes