We need to talk about Aaron Glenn

I have repeatedly heard how Aaron Glenn is an amazing talent as a coach and that he is going to make an amazing HC soon.

OK. If that happens, great for him.

But I’m a Lions fan and I want to see a quality performance now. I’m not sure we are seeing solid stuff from his defenses. The DL got eaten up today, all but disappearing. The secondary was picked on, with AO having one of the worst games I’ve ever seen. The final Minny TD had the receiver without any Lions defender within 10 yards. We saw similar stuff against Philly, where AJ Brown ripped them apart.

People can argue “It’s the talent!” all day long. I kind of get it. But are we seeing enough from his defense right now?

6 Likes

I’m with you the D was a joke today and zero pass rush come on blitz or something.I have been saying since last year that there isn’t a lot of results from Glenn’s defense that are positive.

3 Likes

yeah we really had no pressure for large majority of the game

4 Likes

He’s way overrated!

3 Likes

I mean we have given up 93 points in 3 games. Only a complete fool would hire him to be their head coach. No offense to AG, but the D has to be much better for him to get a head coaching job. I’m sure he knows that.

5 Likes

I think the OP is being ridiculous. We have no All-Pro players on this team. Our best DLinemen (except for McNeil) are all hurt. We lost our best TE cover man in Walker. AO was out last week with a bad back. We still have no LBs.

Despite all of these factors, we were in the game. Glenn is doing well for a DC with not a bunch to work with.

3 Likes

I think TW probably tore his achilles which is a big problem for us.

Oh I sure hope not. They said ankle on the broadcast.

Non contact injury requiring a cart to take him to the locker room. Sounds like an achilles to me.

1 Like

That would be brutal. Every time we sign a player to a big contract, he gets injured immediately.

2 Likes

Campbell said it looks like achilles.

home alone hd GIF

1 Like

The defensive backfield went right to shit as soon as TW went out.

1 Like

Yep. And AG started calling a ton more zone.

Won’t be surprised at all to see them sign a free agent safety this week.

Unfortunately most of the guys that I’ve heard of are SS types

And, to be fair, part of the deal is that this team desperately needs Levi and Paschal to come in and play like 2nd rounders. The injuries have hurt.

3 Likes

I think Melifonwu deserves a shot.

3 Likes

Honestly, they may not have a choice butnto put him out there.

Vikings seemed to keep 6 in to protect a lot. That will help stymie a rush.

1 Like