We turned the card in so fast the league got mad at us,” said one Lion official

If a team wanted to trade up for Hutchinson at 2OA, Brad would be aware of it - if a team wanted him that bad they would’ve had some sort of pre-draft negotiation, as to not risk what happened where the card is turned in before they can make the call.

Any negotiations Brad did have obviously weren’t sufficient enough to pull him off his guy.

6 Likes

Whats the best that could possibly happen if you sprint to the podium? You get Hutch. Now whats the best if you wait it out? Whats the worst? There is literally no downside in waiting.

Don’t disagree on the Hutch pick. But again this has seemed like a bit of a theme (picking quickly) and outside of a pick at the very very top of the draft, I don’t agree with it.

This is a non issue

As Binger said above, Holmes most certainly would have known if there were any viable trade partners.

There were none. No point in dragging it out and wasting everyone’s time.

Seriously, some of these “issues” … are not issues

4 Likes

When you are picking #2 it’s not hard to run through all the scenarios prior to the draft.

Any team interested in moving up to #2 for Aiden would have already called. It sounds like the Minny trade was already discussed prior to the draft. “If the player Minny wants is already gone and Williams is there, we have a deal”.

2 Likes

This is where I’m at as well. They had the deal set up with the Vikings a few days prior to the draft (I can’t believe Minny still made that trade)…which means they did their homework.

I do enjoy seeing the clip of of Hutch getting the call before the Travon Walker selection announcement. That’s one of my favorite moments of the draft.

1 Like

I don’t see anything wrong with it. They got their guy, why wait?

You wait because the chance of getting a last minute blockbuster trade offer is >0

They knew they wanted Hutchinson and that was it. People just trying to make something out of nothing to be negative.

2 Likes

The Stafford trade exorcised the Bobby Layne curse…

3 Likes

Sure, 1 - 10,000

The NFL wants the 1st round to last as long as possible for $$$$ from commercials. I would bet they change the rules so that you can’t contact your pick or turn in your pick until you have been on the clock for at least 5 minutes, maybe even more.

1 Like

I’m blaming Sheila…and Campbell…and Holmes and a lot of other stuff too.

So crazy that we are not only doing great moves, but getting luck AF. Loving it.

Sewell, Hutch, and Williams all had some component of luck to them…SO good!

2 Likes

Next year the refs turn way!

1 Like

Whaaaaaat???
We’re in Bizzaro world, now. LOL.
That said…I like your line of thinking, bro!

1 Like

They probably would’ve been contacting Jacksonville.

2 Likes

#truth
about the only thing Jags did right was mask who they were gonna take.

THey’ll be picking in the top 3 for the foreseeable future.

feel free to relieve the pressure… :fire:

2 Likes

Lord have mercy!!! wow

His mom wasn’t too bad either, lol

1 Like

Something else from that column stuck out to me:

8. I think Jameson Williams might be a quiet guy, a man of few words, as Melissa Stark said to him on NFL Network when he was altogether brief in his comments about Detroit trading up to pick him. He didn’t sound too happy to me.”

I know I’m not the only one who felt that way.