We turned the card in so fast the league got mad at us,” said one Lion official

Or was he just upset that he went after Drake London and the two Ohio State guys.

1 Like

Or he had just asked Aiden’s sister out on a date and she said no thanks.

2 Likes

Most deals are circumstantial and contingent on specific events taking place. What I mean by that is team X contacts team Y and says if our specific target(s) falls we are interested in trading up - then they work out the conditions. This is how the Lions trade up played out, in all likelihood.

So yes, if a team thought the Lions wouldn’t move off of Hutchinson, JAX was the team to call. This is why smokescreens are so important. Leading up to the draft, it was leaked that “the Lions had Thibz at the top of their board”. Any team buying that narrative is not only less likely to jump Detroit, the Lions become a potential trade target. I’m of the belief that the majority of the FO and area scouts aren’t in the know on who they 100% plan to take. Not saying all teams operate this way, but I’m sure some do. Tough to trust everyone in the building. Just takes one messenger.

1 Like

Will it create issues when all of the women of the Hutchinson family start fighting over Jack Fox?

• YES - The level of pheromones that Fox gives off disrupts the entire state
  • NO - Our locker room is stronger than that.
  • Other (explain)
0 voters
2 Likes

Easiest poll answer ever!!! lol

1 Like

Hope it doesn’t rip the Hutchinson family apart.

1 Like

anyway you don’t give your opponents an opportunity to jump up and rob you of who you want dearly, you pick and it’s a sealed deal. But if your being cute letting all the time run out to make it really look like your thinking long and hard about THAT pick. you just pick and let the chips fly because when you wait. you can lose your targeted player.

1 Like

Albert Breer: I actually LOVED the optics of Detroit rushing the card on Hutchinson in. And I asked Dan Campbell about it for

@theMMQB

(https://buff.ly/3vvcPs5) over the weekend.

Dan Campbell on quickly making No. 2 choice: We’re not going to do the dog-and-pony show

2 Likes

Right, but they didn’t run the card up after trading up did they? Again the argument at 2 is likely no biggie. It’s other picks that didn’t allow the time that bothered me. To me it seems like theatre and it is not to our advantage in any tangible way to sprint to the podium and pick a guy. Is it a minor nitpick? Yes. Is that like what we do here? Yes.

1 Like

They probably already got a call from the league letting them know to slow their roll (anticipating us picking #32 and letting them have another round of commercials before the night ended).

2 Likes

This dude is the Jack Fox of he coaching world. The more I see of him, the more I love that he’s our leader!

1 Like

And the consequence of rushing the next pick in would be allowing Green Bay to hold with impunity anytime they play us in perpetuity. In other words, nothing would change.

1 Like

Other… Jack Fox isn’t bald enough to be fought over

1 Like

Uh no, it doesnt work that way.

LOL - think if he was bald???
Daaaaaaaamn…

I did Other…What women don’t fight over Jack Fox, The Hutchinson ladies have a long long line in front of them.

2 Likes

Lots of truth to that

1 Like

A lot of man crushes on Fox, not just on here but outside of The Den. Should have added that option to the poll. “INDIFFERENT - It doesn’t really matter, he’s into dudes.”

1 Like

The thing that cracks me up about this story…

is that the NFL doesn’t need to make anyone available to “receive” the card if they want a minimum amount of time to run off the clock.

They could just make the guy holding the card sit their and wait for a few minutes… ignoring him like any normal employee would at the Secretary of State….

That has definitely happened…

…but its typically before the draft.