Wed Injury Report!

Doesn’t look like we got very healthy after the bye. Several starters still not practicing.

3 Likes

I wonder if Ragnow’s injury is the exact same as last year but he’s just decided to play through it all year. If so, damn…no one should doubt his toughness. Brutal if it is.

Very glad to see Cominsky getting back on the field. I thought he was really productive when he played.

I see Reynolds didn’t practice. I think he hurt his knee at the end of the Patriots game while Campbell was fucking around calling timeouts, running as many plays as he could.

A lot of NP’s…Not a good look coming out of a bye.

I don’t think we see Paschal until Packers.

2 Likes

Do we have any healthy WR’s!? Chark and Reynolds still not practicing. St. Brown did, although his ankle I’m sure is not 100%. Cephus is on IR. Jamo still out. Yikes.

We finally got Goff some weapons, but they can’t get on the field.

2 Likes

Ok Dan, I’ve had enough of these injuries. Time to make practice changes.

3 Likes

Start with the field turf in the indoor practice facility. So many injuries could be avoided with natural grass if they cared about player safety.

4 Likes

If they can have a natural grass field like the cardinals stadium has they should do it. It would be expensive as hell but the Ford family isn’t struggling for money either. It’s better to foot that cost than have $100m in players sitting in the training room every season.

2 Likes

Well, at least St. Brown practiced. No JRey or Chark. It’s going to be a rough game.
Encouraging to see Cominsky at least practicing, although, “limited”. He should be back soon.
Paschal seems to be getting close. No set backs.

It’s the practices. No other explanation. Change EVERYTHING. Change the field. Change the methods.

To Campbell’s credit, he already said they were.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, there are actually other teams with more injuries than us this year. We are not alone. Check out the Rams O-Line for example or the Chargers. Seems like injuries just keep increasing year after year around the league. Yet, they want to make it an 18 game season eventually, that’ll help for sure.

4 Likes

But thats the thing–it could very well be the practices and training methods teams use that are responsible.

We talked about this in a thread a few weeks back. But, what is so interesting is training camp is shorter, they aren’t allowed to practice more than once per day, practices are rarely in full pads anymore. There is way less contact in practice yet the injuries keep coming. Shit they are even wearing special protection on their helmets in training camp.

The only thing I can point to is the field turf, which has been proven to be way worse than playing on grass. Maybe training and workout routines!?

4 Likes

WR with the most job security in the NFL:

Tom Kennedy

3 Likes

Maybe if more than half the team participated it might help.
Maybe they are starting to look like a team that doesn’t practice.

1 Like

Hard to improve without practice for sure!

2 Likes

Goff is going to run for 100 yards this game. I just can’t tell you which direction its going to be in.

2 Likes

It won’t be forwards I’ll tell you that much…Parsons is coming!

1 Like

I try to train annually for the OKC half marathon. One thing I’ve learned?!

When my training only goes to 9-10 miles max., I run great until
About the 11.5 miles mark and then the pain and cramps show up and it hurt to finish the last two or so miles, like really hurts. I drop from a 12:00 pace to 16:30.

But the times I was able fully complete my training, training out to 12 miles?!

I crushed the full run…

Imho they need to practice more …. It’s the how and how much that I do not know anything about…

1 Like

Being slightly egotistical :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Great beard game!!

1 Like

I think today’s players are basically pushing the human body to its absolute limits and it’s causing the tendons, ligaments, and other connective stuff to be under more and more pressure. Flexibility is key and a lot of these guys practice it, but at a certain point there’s only so much the body can take.

I often marvel at how the players of old didn’t have as many connective tissue injuries (or at least they didn’t seem to). They drank all offseason and smoked on the sidelines and used training camp to get back in shape, and I actually think it helped them to be less fit. Almost none of them had the physiques of today’s players.

1 Like