Well…he‘s not quite that bad 🤣

1 Like

Well… unless he just left the Starbucks maybe :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

This “sports troll” clearly knows nothing about odds.

1 Like

No they don’t but they are some funny peeps

This is why Chris Long is a rising star in my world. He was on Dan about the second of the field goals. But whether someone brought our kicker issues to his attention or he did the research himself, he’s man enough to correct the record.

8 Likes

Yea I really am starting to like his stuff. Necessary Rougness with TJ Lang is probably my favorite.

3 Likes

Actually, he’s more like the guy that would double down if he’s got a total of 11 and the dealer is showing a low card.

That move might confuse folks who know nothing about blackjack but its a smart move just the same.

2 Likes

Yep. And he’ll do it whether he’s got $5 on the table or $1000

1 Like

If you have an 11, you Double Down when the dealer is showing ANYTHING other than a Ace…always.
That is straight Basic Strategy.

You Double down with a hard 9 or 10 when the dealer is showing 6 or less. Once again, straight Basic Strategy.

Neither of those are considered to be taking a flyer. That’s how you play the game.

2 Likes

Really, really good for the most part.
I give Campbell more credit than him, but obviously I watch the lions more than him.

And, they’re just going to continue the “meathead” narrative?
This is why I don’t ■■■■ with the media.

3 Likes

To me that’s not the best comparison. I would say the majority of blackjack players double on 10 or 11 if the dealer is showing a 6 or less. Thats kind of a no brainer, IMO.

Dan is the type of guy to double on 11 when dealer is showing a 10. Theres certainly risk doing that, but sometimes the gamble is worth it.

1 Like

This all is correct. Doubling down with 11 against a 10 is a much better analogy. Because it’s still the correct play that will pay off more often than not… and be a winner over the long run, but it’s still risky on that one hand every time you do it

My point is that if you don’t play the game then you don’t know when to double down - and the game that the fans perceive is NOT the game that the players and coaches are playing.

1. The analytics say that Dan’s calls have given his teams the best chance to win over the last 3 years.
  2. He’s gone from a terrible roster and culture to the NFC Championship game and great culture in just 3 years.
  3. Dan is literally on a different level than what any Lions fan is used to.

He is no more a “gambler” than he is a “meathead.” I think that he knows his team and the innards of the game so well that what looks risky to us (like going for it on 4th and short) is just a situation that he hits on at an 85% success rate this year. Which is probably More reliable than doubling down when the dealer is showing the low card, so it’s a no-brainer for the guy who knows his game.

Whoever he references in that podcast that said Dan C would be fired w/in one year if Ben leaves is a total asshat … what a joke.

3 Likes

Yeah. That was weird. Was probably Florio.

3 Likes

Finally had a chance to watch this. No BS, very straight forward. Whoever edits the video’s is really good too – a couple strategic cuts to get it down to 17 minutes.

That fact that other analysts think Dan would get fired within the year if Ben Johnson left is laughable and makes me wonder how these guys even have a job.

1 Like

Most people don’t and most people do not understand how to read it. Including ESPN’s analytics. There’s much more to it than one variable.

1 Like

It’s not what you know it’s who you know

Or who you blow

1 Like