Wentz to Indy

2021 3rd and a conditional 2022 2nd that can be a 1st. Per Schefter and others.

I think they will regret not going all in for Stafford.

3 Likes

Lol people thought Wentz would bring more than Stafford

13 Likes

Colts should have over paid for Stafford. Way better qb and contract.

4 Likes

So many people have given credit to Frank Reich for the Eagles super bowl championship. Interesting that he’s trading for his former QB.

Seeing what they got for Wentz, just reminds me how much we fleeced the Rams.

5 Likes

Well Wentz played at an MVP level with Reich as his OC. If Reich can work his magic again then it’s a steal for them.

But I don’t think you can truly judge a QB until after 3 full years as a starter. Once teams have enough film and force QBs to do what they are worst at every week, then that’s when the cream rises to the top. Of course there’s guys like Mahomes that are the total package from the jump, but guys like that are extremely rare.

Great trade for Indy.

They are quickly becoming one of the benchmark organizations in the NFL.

They will be in the AFC title game at minimum next year.

3 Likes

That’s quite a statement considering how poor Wentz has played recently, not to mention all the injuries. I’m not even sure they make the playoffs next year.

3 Likes

A good deal for both teams. Philly unloads a big contract and a problem. Indy gets a young QB who still has upside for No. 84 overall and 2022 pick could be pretty low.

1 Like

Wentz’s dead cap hit becomes the biggest in NFL history at 33 million, surpassing the hit the Rams took for Goff.

1 Like

For sure shows the package the lions got was a pretty nice haul in comparison.

3 Likes

It begs the question… what are the Bears going to do now at QB?

Draft one!? Or roll with Mitch, who did look much better in the second half of the season. Foles was a disaster.

Still gonna be a LOT of QB movement this offseason.

1 Like

At No. 20 overall, they’re not in a very good position to get any of the top 4.

Dalton, Bridgewater via trade, Cam Newton? The alternatives don’t seem any better than what they already have.

Surely this is good news for us. Eagles will surely be in the market for a QB at 6. There will definitely be three QBs off the board by then making us a prime spot for teams trying to trade up to get ahead of the Panthers and Broncos for Lance or Mac Jones. Even failing a trade back there will be a potential Blue Chip player ready and waiting at 7 between Sewell, Parsons and the three WRs.

2 Likes

This to me a steal for the Colts, if only because Reich knows Wentz better than most. He isn’t “gambling” on a known entity.

Philly wanted at least a first round pick + more. This is a win for Indy.

6 Likes

Goff is at about the same level of QB as Wentz.

We could turn around and trade Goff and get something similar.

Or we keep Goff and appreciate we got a heck of a lot better of a deal for Stafford.

1 Like

I highly doubt that. Jalen will get at LEAST a year.

3 Likes