What about Robert Woods?

I think it is highly unlikely he will make the final roster in Houston and will likely be cut before training camp. He’s someone who would likely be signed for less than 3mil. Goff is obviously very familiar with him and would give us some reliable depth who can play inside and out wide. I’m sure the young guys would appreciate a vet like him as well, similar to Marvin last year.

Just a thought, the WR group still has me a little nervous.

I’m fine with it. He’ll definitely block. Not sure he’s the perfect profile but either he or Metchie or Hutchinson out of HOU is intriguing.

At this point I’m happy having Saint Brown as the veteran everyone can look up to.

Give me Xavier Hutchinson. I think he could be more of a Denzel Mims flyer

I think Metchie makes the Texans 53

1 Like

Would this be another MJJ situation??

1 Like

Woods does have experience with Goff at least. Probably would fit better than Marvin Jones… but I think Woods is pretty washed up at this point.

1 Like

He actually has over 1,500 receiving yards in the last three years, which is already a little more than Josh Reynolds had in the same timeline.

The chemistry should already be there with Goff and he can backup multiple positions with a ton of slot snaps and snaps out wide.

He would likely only be a 10-15 snaps a game player. I just really like the idea of adding a reliable vet to the group.

1 Like

I think lions need another vet wr

Maaaan, I wanted them to pick him up a year ago.

I have no idea what he has left, but he’s an excellent locker room guy and would be an excellent presence in a young WR room.

He just hasn’t been close to the same after the knee injury in 2021. 33 years old with a torn up knee not usually a good combo.

If he gets cut I might be interested on a cheap 1 year deal. I wouldn’t trade for him. Not even a 7th rounder

I’m not sure he’d bump anyone? I’m pretty happy with who we have.
I believe in Jamo and DPJ. Homie is going to show out. Watch!
Add, Raymond and Green.
Then, Vaki could free Gibbs up for more slot reps.
I’m not worried at all!
Ben will figure it out. He’s got plenty to work with, and that’s before we talk about LaPorta, Wright, and Mitchell.
If we have a weakness, it’s the other Edge.

I think Woods would be a very good pickup. He’s a consummate pro, never holds anything back, and has been very productive everywhere he’s been. I really think the WR room would benefit from his experience and leadership. The biggest weakness I see in that room is the lack of a real veteran presence, so I really like the thought of adding Woods.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.