What action should we take at the deadline?

I’ve gone away from the idea that we should buy anything. We shouldn’t buy a pack of gum. Anyone or anything we should sell? I don’t really see anything but if anyone has any ideas then feel free to report.

Kickalicious. Tell me this isn’t the perfect season for him.

2 Likes

So we can be embarrassed that more players threaten to retire rather than play for Detroit, like Gronk did?

I say we sit this one out. Maybe we change our name and wear a fake mustache to the draft so that Thibodeaux shows an interest in wearing our hat en route to the podium.

1 Like

Shop Goff. NOLA is obvious, ARZ might be looking…its just that the cap hit cutting him next year, or keeping him is likely too big of an obstacle for anyone.

1 Like

Maybe we can deal him for more future Barrett Greens.

Man, the few desirable players we have are all guys I would prefer to keep. Hock will be worth every penny of his next contract to whoever becomes the QB of the future. Decker is only 27, and his pay is very reasonable for a good veteran tackle. Swift might finally be the 2nd round RB that works out for us. Walker is the best and most consistent player we have in the back 7, and the back 7 needs help badly even with him out there.

I think we need to focus more on acquiring talent. A veteran WR who has a few years left on his deal would help this year and next. A safety to pair with Walker would help our many young corners settle in. I don’t have any specific players in mind, but the roster has plenty of holes to patch up.

3 Likes

Need more green beans!

green beans cooking GIF by The Orchard Films

1 Like

I would say the most obvious thing is to shop Goff. His contract is atrocious and we would have to eat a lot of it. I don’t think a 2nd round pick (maybe even a first) is out of the question. You can say what you want about the guy but he is a proven winner. Unfortunately he was traded to this hapless franchise. I hope he gets traded to NO. They are SB contenders if they were to add him IMO.

3 Likes

BREAKING NEWS

Upon hearing that he may be selected by the Detroit Lions with the #1 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft Kayvon Thibodeaux has decided to retire from the NFL. When asked for comment Kayvon simply stated “■■■■ that shit”

3 Likes

Eli Manning once told the Chargers to eat shit, and they did. So the Giants got Manning, and the Chargers got Leaf.

Just saying.

1 Like

Believe Deion Sanders essentially told us the same thing

You mean Rivers?

1 Like

Pretty sure the Chargers ended up with Phillip Rivers and Weddle.

Ah, yes, whoops. Damn, that woulda been even worse for the Chargers. Wrong Manning brother.

The Chargers drafted Eli.

1 Like

Right, then he demanded a trade.

1 Like

Wave…
Good-bye, to yet another wasted season.
I’m still gonna keep up with the Lions, but, I’m more interested in what Stafford does with the first real opportunity of his career.

1 Like

Yea I can’t help but root for Stafford but I hate the Rams. Barring some major injuries the NFC Playoffs are gonna be awesome this year.

1 Like

I predict alot of ref involvement in NFC games.

3 Likes

Oddly enough I’m pretty much the same. They are a fun team to watch, but the way they left St. Louis left a bad taste in my mouth. Wasn’t a fan then either, but a lot of Rams fans down here were livid, and I felt for them