What annoyed me about that game

Yeah that was telling.

But they got it right. They didn’t screw us in any reviews. The refs were fine

The refs don’t deserve any mention in this lose. We lost because of piss poor coaching plain and simple.

2 Likes

So we can’t mention when someone else makes a mistake?

You can mention what ever you want but mentioning the refs as a factor for this loss isn’t a realistic opinion. This loss is squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff everything else is just back ground noise.

If they make a bad call or non-call at a crucial moment, that’s just a fact. And yes, we will mention it.

I would count the loss on coaches and players well ahead of the refs.

1. Decker sucked ass.

2. Snacks did nothing.

3. Playing prevent defense is still moronic.

4. Flowers collected a paycheck and did nothing. It would have been better if he was inactive.

5. Stafford held onto the ball too long on the first turnover.

6. Kerryon Johnson played soft and was not a difference maker. Can’t break an ankle tackle.

7. Agnew was a disgrace.

8. The timeout call was unfortunate.

9. Making Fitzgerald look like he was in his prime was not a good look.

10. Amendola went insane.

11. The refs.

1 Like

This is a perfectly reasonable post. But to say you can’t point out something that happened because there were more important factors…is silly.

Oh, I think it’s fine to point out a bad call, I just don’t think it was a factor in winning and tying. Also, how do you quote a post on here?

Highlight what you want to quote and a quote bubble pops up.

The refs sure did swallow the whistle for the Cardinals in the 4th quarter, but not for the Lions. Just sayin’.

1 Like

I would like to see an NFL official address the perceived pick plays. Collinsworth was discussing a pick play late in the Pats vs Steelers game last night, and it did not look nearly as egregious as what the Cards ran.

I did note that towards the end of the game I saw a couple times where the Lions DBs turned to the refs and threw their hands up… they were clearly getting frustrated.

And I saw some pretty blatant picks as well, so that’s not too surprising. I was very surprised that it never got called.

1 Like

When the refs sucks, they deserve mention. Even if they didn’t cause the loss, this time. They sure helped the Cardinals cause!

I mean they changed rules over the New Orleans no call…so yea…people talked about it

And I still am pissed about the refs picking up the PI flag vs. Dallas in the playoff game and saying “we called a penalty but now we are Un-Calling it and pretending we did not call PI”

1 Like

You had me at “Decker sucked ass”.

1 Like

Kerryon Johnson is a great young running back who is a big contributor to the Lions. Now how do you expect Kerryon to start piling up the yards when he gets one play in and then gets taken out. He can’t get a rhythm when you keep taking him out. There isn’t any continuity.

2 Likes

What annoys me! The same thing that’s annoyed me for the last 20 plus years. Why does it take the Lions so long to learn a new system? From the west coast offense to the Tampa 2 defense and all the others along the way? Why do they make the same dumb mistakes year after year coach after coach player after player! Prevent defense yesterday if it wasn’t why was the safety out of the picture It looked like 11 on 10.Why do we always have a personal foul that sets the other team up for a score? Why can’t we run the ball? They say it’s a copy cat league well we are trying to be the Patriots and the only parallel we have with them is they can always find a new way to win and we can always find a new way to lose!

Because the change systems every 2-3 years?

But also a known and disturbing Lions trend, is when you get a lead…the coaches think you can coast until the end of the game and no way can teams come back. you don’t Fu^ing coast, you keep pouring on the pain and win the damn game !

1 Like

There’s less chance he gets hurt too. I kind of feel like they are going to run CJ into the ground in hopes of preserving KJ.