What are the chances we can trade down for 2 top 10 picks

So for the 100 point difference between 1OA and 5+7, you’re more than willing to give up 65 and 98?

Uh, hell no.

That would be great. But that’s a tall order. Best hope for Wilson is probably the Rams pick. Need Rams to lose their wild card game. Maybe he drops a little because of his size. Guy is a baller for sure.

The Cardinals were actually draft-mocked to stay put and take local product Terrell Suggs. In reality they traded down and took DE Calvin Pace and WR Bryant Johnson. Yikes.

Good grief. Stay the eff put and take what the draft gives you!

1 Like

You guys are waaaaaay too optimistic, I think there’s a less than 1% chance we’re able to move down. There’s no one worth trading up for.

1 Like

As I posted on another thread let’s hope that Ridder leads the Bearcats to a National title and a narrative starts to form around him. But as of now I would totally agree that our best bet would be to take a below value trade down which I would give thought to.

Let’s say the Jags strongly prefer KT. Would they trade #3, #36 and a 2023 3rd? I could see that.
I know many here wouldn’t but I’d do it. 33 and 36 could real in two big time WRs allowing us to double dip on defense in round 1.

I am with you here. I never really understood the concept of a trade down, especially if you are a team totally bereft of talent. I get it the whole it’s more kicks at the can, but if you NEED talent, and just had a year where you literally earned your pick of the litter, why are you passing on guys to try to get more picks? If you are an established team, I totally understand it. If you are a terrible team, take the talent that best fits whatever you are trying to build, and go with it.

I just see it as, for sake of using us as an example. Let’s see, I could take the best pass rusher on college football. Or… I could trade down and let the Giants take a QB we didn’t want. Then I have number 5 pick and number 7! Except, Hutchinson and Thibodeax are now gone as the top 2 pass rushers. Oh, and someone else just jumped up to 4 and now my next best pick is gone. So now, I am taking the best available player for a position that isn’t as vital to my team. Good new though, I have more opportunities to take lesser talents!

1 Like

I think they’d just stay put and take Hutch in that scenario. Or Hamilton. Or Neal or Stingley. That’s the problem to me, the top tier is all going to be similarly graded. I think the action is gonna be around the 5th or 6th pick, right before the tier dropoff.

Also there are no QBs which hurts too.

I have no idea how the Jags have those two graded.

All for more magic beans.

Heh well true, neither do I and certainly I’m making some assumptions based on the narrative as well as my own evaluations, but to me I’m struggling to find anyone worth the #1 overall pick (actually I think Hamilton is the best player but his positional value is all wrong). Thibs is still my top ranked player considering positional value, but if he were in last year’s draft he would have been behind Lawrence, Fields, Sewell, Chase, Pitts, and Waddle for me.

I’d have KT ahead of Waddle and probably Pitts but point taken.

I do think Hitch may be the better overall prospect. I do think KT is a better pure pass rusher and I could see the Jags thinking that pass rush is their Achilles heal. They could theoretically still move down from the Hawks pick and get draft capital back.

It’s just a lowball trade theory that I could see holding water. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The concept is all in how you grade players. If its a toss-up, then trade down and get another pick.
This is starting to sound alot like the 2021 Pistons, and Cade Cunningham, Evan Mobley and Jalen Green. Houston (who picked second) offered alot for the Pistons’ 1OA pick (admittedly, a rumor), but if true, and if the Pistons truly had Mobley and Cunningham rated closely (another rumor), they might have taken a called strike by not swinging for more picks and keeping the 1OA pick. So far, Mobley looks like a stud, but its still early.

The NFL and the NFL Draft is nothing like the NBA or the NBA Draft. Trying to compare the two just confuses things.

1 Like

Trading out of #1OA is a pipe dream anyway

I’ve never had a dream where I got piped.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I can see the Jets wanting one of the top edge rushers in this draft. And I’m assuming, as of now, that’s who a trade up would be for. They have very little there after they cut Lawson in the off-season. And I’m sure saleh wants a Bosa like end to anchor his future defense.

Edit* let me clarify Shaq Lawson before someone gives me crap suggesting they cut Carl Lawson.

Shaq Lawson can be cut for 9m in savings

Lol yeah, the problem with magic beans is there only magical if the guy picking knows what he is doing, I think I’ll take the top pic it be harder to mess that up. I don’t trust Holmes and I’m scared to have him picking our QB of the future. Hell first he has to learn what the team needs really are. I really can see him taking Niel and Davis with our top 2 picks. Got a feeling them magic beans we got for Stafford will have very little magic with Holmes picking.

Jets cut Lawson

Detroit cuts Flowers
Detroit’s #2 is slowed by an Achilles injury.

I don’t know their depth, but our best hope after those two are JO and Chris Harris.

So, between Salah and Campbell, who needs Edge more?

Detroit stays put and takes the best OLB for the team.