What are we going to do at WR3 for next year?

Josh Reynolds is a free agent. DPJ is a free agent.

WR1 and WR2 are clearly Amon-Ra and Jamo. Who is WR3? A rookie? Kalif Raymond? Someone else in free agency? (DJ Chark?)

Kalif is great, but I don’t think I’d feel super confident about him as our starting WR3 next season.

It helps to have LaPorta taking a good amount of targets so we don’t have to have a great WR3, but it’s still a position I feel like we need to address.

I think one of Reynolds or Chark will be in the 2024 roster. I believe they are a guy in the middle rounds as well to round out the depth chart.

2 Likes

WR3 is really sort of WR5 on this team. Last season LaPorta was number 2 and Gibbs was number 3 in targets.

Jamo’s target share will increase and probably Gibbs slightly as well, so Raymond might actually be fine as WR3. He’s averaged over 500 yards a season in his three seasons with the Lions.

3 Likes

I mean… It’s a WR heavy draft upcoming so…

yeah, cheap ass contract for a Rookie WR thats solid as a depth piece is really in play day 2

2 Likes

The draft.

A lot of people on here might not like it, but Brad’s looking at WRs in this draft, and if he falls in love with one I could easily see us taking one early.

5 Likes

yup, you and I are on the same wavelength for this

Brad is BPA, if BPA is a WR, it will be a WR

3 Likes

I hope it’s Ridley. Still room for Reynolds, by the way, but knowing he’s boys with Jamo, I’d like to see them bring him in.

I don’t think that Leaf, at 5’8", will be an outside receiver. Not for long anyway.

Brian Thomas in this offense…

Sweating Heat Wave GIF by GIF-THIS

1 Like

We’d be unstoppable. And I really believe that appeals to our FO. They understand what wins in today’s NFL.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was gonna say Legette? McConkey?

Honestly McConkey and Roman Wilson are 100% Goff type recievers. Always open clean athletic route runners.

2 Likes

So do we have both him and Jamo going long down the sidelines on every play? Jamo is getting a little more balanced in his route tree but Brian Thomas is not. He is a “go long” every play guy.

Charges released Mike Williams just now… he would make a nice wr3 chuckle

Legettemately possible scenario.

1 Like

I trust Ben to figure out how to use them. But Jamo as a Z and BTJ as an X is a good place to start.

St Brown 1,500
LaPorta 1,000
Jamo 800
Gibbs 500
Raymond 500

= 4,300

Add in bits and pieces from Wright, Montgomery, Green, Mitchell and we may already have our full receiving corps in place.

Gibbs could explode in the passing game this year.

1 Like

Brad tried to trade for Deebo when he first got here

Can definitely see a guy like Leggette being on the radar

2 Likes

IMG_9561

Best available WR in FA. Kinda of a MEH list.
It has to be the draft and im ok with that.

Actually kinda happy we didn’t pull that off. Always seems like Deebo is banged up. He does play through a lot of the injuries…but I don’t see him having a long career. He had the 1 monster season and the hype went wild after 2021

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.