What coaching tree is Ben Johnson from?

I know coaching trees have been a topic in the past and some of you guys are very good at tracing the coaching tree lineage. I’m just curious what coaching tree Ben Johnson belongs to or comes from?

1 Like

Joe Philbin? It would have to be either him or DC

3 Likes

If you go by first NFL job it’s The Walsh → Holmgren —> Sherman —> Phil in free.
Ultimately I think he’s viewed as part of Dan’s tree. But is Dan part of the Philbin tree or the Parcells tree. I think Dan and ultimately Ben will be viewed as part of the Parcells tree.

1 Like

Stop with the nonsense. Regis Philbin does NOT have an NFL coaching tree! :joy:

3 Likes

It’s part of the Gifford tree

4 Likes

Philbin is a bit offensive.

1 Like

He’s part of the Oprah tree.

You get a TD! You get a TD! You get a TD!

4 Likes

Chapelle GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

1 Like

Pretty sure he sprouted up from….

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

larry wilmore television GIF

2 Likes

Wouldn’t Dan also be part of the Payton tree?

1 Like

The Patricia tree :flushed:

IMO yes. But his first NFL job was with Philbin which would put him in the Walsh camp. But Dan’s ideology is Parcells through and through. To be honest Ben seems more Perkins/Earnhardt in offensive philosophy as well. So I’d put both in the Parcells camp.

3 Likes

All of them.

Dan is part of the Payton / Parcells tree.

I’d argue he’s more Parcells than Payton.

2 Likes

There’s elements of both in Dan. The riverboat gambler side definitely comes from Payton.

It’s Parcells in mentality but Payton in terms of risk tolerance.

1 Like

Matty Patty has a family stick.

1 Like

That makes sense to me. He’s got both in him which is a good thing

Fatty Matty Patty Bobatty hired him here first yeah

1 Like

As much as we all love to make fun of Patricia and he deserves it…he did hire both Ben Johnson and Hank Fraley. 2 very good coaches and Coach Campbell was smart enough to keep them, which a lot of new head coaches don’t do and bring in their own guys.

7 Likes

He is from the Dan Campbell tree.