What did Lattimore do to get drilled by Evans

Just curious, saw the hit on Lattimore, but didn’t see what Lattimore did to get hit by Fournette and then get drilled by evans.

I was wondering the same but I think Lattimore was getting in Tom Brady’s face and Evans took that as an opportunity to drill him.

Not sure if Brady was hit prior to that though or what else started it.

Lattimore was yelling at Brady… and Fournette came in… then lattimore pushed Fournette right in front of Brady. I think Evans thought he pushed Brady… so he ran in and decked him.

1 Like

Look at the tweet by Evan Winter - Lattimore hit Fournette, who was protecting Brady. Lattimore was jawing with Brady, there is another view that I can’t find now that made it look like Lattimore was going to get into it with Brady until Fournette stepped in.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/09/19/mike-evans-explanation-to-ref-defending-tom-brady-goes-viral

These guys have had skirmishes before…
so I think the fuse is short.

2 Likes

personally I don’t think it’s a big deal

2 Likes

It was nothing compared to Aaron Donald’s double handed helmet swinging routine.

4 Likes

The lip readers now figured out what Evans said to the refs:

“That’s Tom Brady, what you want me to do?”

LOL, love it.

3 Likes

Tom Brady started a bench clearing brawl!

I was watching that game. Both teams were struggling on offense, and Brady was 10 kinds of pissed about the way things were going. The score was 3-3 in the 4th quarter, that’s how bad it was. Brady tried to hit Scotty Miller on a deep pass down the sidelines on 3rd down. Marshon Lattimore had the coverage, and probably should have been called for pass interference (he wasn’t). Brady was going after the ref about the non-call. Brady and Lattimore crossed paths and Lattimore thru his hand up and probably said something like “get off the field” or “stop crying.” That set Brady off, and he confronted Lattimore. You can tell part of what Tom said was “fuck you bitch.” Lattimore and Brady were trying to get nose to nose with eachother and that’s when Fournette pushed Lattimore away from Brady. Lattimore pushed Fournette back and Mike Evans jumped in and knocked Lattimore to the ground. Then all hell broke loose.

This is where it gets interesting. Remember, it was 3-3 in the 4th quarter at that point. The Bucs defense immediately picked off Jameis Winston on his first pass after the fight. Brady and the offense drove 80 yards for a touchdown (Brashad Perriman scored!). Then the defense picked off Winston AGAIN on the next possession. The Bucs got a field goal out of it. Then the defense got a PICK SIX off of Winston on the very next Saints drive. So after the fight the Bucs delivered 17 unanswered points on 3 Winston interceptions. I almost think Brady picked a fight on purpose, because his guys stepped up after that.

6 Likes

If so, it sure got the team fired up!

1 Like

That’s 3D chess shit!

1 Like

These two have went at it before. Evans is a big dude lol.

Sucks he’s suspended for GB.

3 Likes

Thanks, good blow-by-blow. Brady’s got it on so many levels.

1 Like

Like a coach getting himself tossed in the NBA, pretty smart if true.

1 Like

Brutal, that didn’t deserve a suspension. Meanwhile Donald went wild swinging helmets and nothing happened.

1 Like

Evans might not have been suspended if he was a repeat offender who did virtually the exact same thing to the exact same player.

It is brutal that the NFL did not punish Donald for the violent assault he committed.

The NFL just pretends enough to look like they care about something other than money generated.

1 Like

The key is to be sure you don’t do something stupid right before you play Green Bay. And here is some conspiracy level shit from something I remember previously. Lane Johnson got suspended for 10 games. With what he got suspended for, players are not typically allowed to play under their appeal. They let Lane play exactly 4 games under appeal, then he had to serve his full 10 game suspension.

Do the math on how it worked out. By playing 4 games and THEN serving his suspension he was able to play against the Lions but missed the Green Bay game. If they made him serve his suspension from the beginning of the season…which is typical…he would have missed the Lions game and played in the Green Bay game.

Interested GIF by reactionseditor

2 Likes